2009 Ncaa Attendance #'s

MCMLXXX

UNT averaged 18,000 and some change. Not bad for 5-31 program after three years.

Oh, it's amazing how Louisiana Tech pushed exactly 100,000 fans through the turnstiles for five games, averaging exactly 20,000 per game. How do they do that? :blink:

They just did what all good Louisianans do.... they lied their asses off.

• Upvote 2

http://web1.ncaa.org/web_files/stats/football_records/Attendance/2009.pdf

In Summary....Not bad numbers at all for our win-loss record! Some interesting comparisons.

SUNBELT-

We Beat out:

Ark St- 17.5k a game

FIU- 10.2k a game

FL Atl- 15.3 a game

LA Monroe- 13.8 a game

West Ky- 14.1 a game (with their record??? Kinda impressive)

We Had Less Numbers Than:

LA Laf- 18.6k a game (just barely)

Troy- 18.4k a game (we will beat them next year!)

Middle Tenn- 20.5k a game

Outside of Our Conference Teams that we Beat Out:

Akron- 17.3k a game

Ball St.- 10.8k a game

UAB- 17.9k a game

Ohio- 17.9k a game (they went to a bowl!)

Northern ILL.- 14.8k a game (Romo would be disappointed)

Nevada- 17.5k a game

New Mexico State- 16.5k a game

*Rice- a Dismal 13.5k a game

Other Interesting Comparisons

SMU- 21.3k a game (after the year they had?)

Central Mich- 19.7k a game (same as above?)

I would project that next year's numbers average out at 22k a game...reasoning is:

The Excitement about Canales and his potential

The Return of so many talented players....hopefully sharpened and elite by now

The Last Year of Fouts Field

and Foremost because we came so close to winning 5 extra games last year but couldn't seal the deal. The problems associated with this will hopefully be gone!

I would project that next year's numbers average out at 22k a game...reasoning is:

The Excitement about Canales and his potential

The Return of so many talented players....hopefully sharpened and elite by now

The Last Year of Fouts Field

and Foremost because we came so close to winning 5 extra games last year but couldn't seal the deal. The problems associated with this will hopefully be gone!

I would expect this number, or slightly higher, only because of the K-State game. It will be nice to have this game over T-giving than a game with ARSt. or another SBC school over T-giving.

Attendance - Another reason the Belt and MAC are viewed as "tail draggers". <_<

FBS Teams Games Attendance Average

Southeastern 76,288

Big Ten 71,769

Big 12 62,875

Pacific-10 54,186

Atlantic Coast 51,249

Big East 44,804

Mountain West 33,202

Conference USA 26,600

Western Athletic 22,749

Sun Belt 16,463

Mid-American 15,317

Independents 48,627

Attendance - Another reason the Belt and MAC are viewed as "tail draggers". <_<

FBS Teams Games Attendance Average

Southeastern 76,288

Big Ten 71,769

Big 12 62,875

Pacific-10 54,186

Atlantic Coast 51,249

Big East 44,804

Mountain West 33,202

Conference USA 26,600

Western Athletic 22,749

Sun Belt 16,463

Mid-American 15,317

Independents 48,627

Very true...but imagine the possibilities of a winning season and a new stadium on our side. The only thing that stinks is that we don't have too many big name teams coming to us yet for the next 4 yrs (after this one of course). I see no reason why we can't match C-USA averages with these variables in our pocket.

Didn't La-La have a home game against Southern that was absolutely packed that skewed that number somewhat?

When NT traveled down there the attendance was, well let's just say you could hold a church service in there...

True, but it was a HOME game in THEIR stadium. Smart scheduling.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Oh, it's amazing how Louisiana Tech pushed exactly 100,000 fans through the turnstiles for five games, averaging exactly 20,000 per game. How do they do that? :blink:

Next year they open in a home game against Grambling in Shreveport. An African-American friend of mine from that area told me once that La Tech would never play Grambling and that if it ever happened you couldn't find a stadium in North Louisiana that could hold everyone who would want to see that game. The Mayor of Shreveport has already said that they expect a sellout. I suppose their numbers will improve dramaticly next year. It is interesting to note that recently they played Miami in Shreveport and could not fill it up.

Edited by MCMLXXX

Next year they open in a home game against Grambling in Shreveport. An African-American friend of mine from that area told me once that La Tech would never play Grambling and that if it ever happened you couldn't find a stadium in North Louisiana that could hold everyone who would want to see that game. The Mayor of Shreveport has already said that they expect a sellout. I suppose their numbers will improve dramaticly next year. It is interesting to note that recently they played Miami in Shreveport and could not fill it up.

They might have learned something from somebody else.

Didn't La-La have a home game against Southern that was absolutely packed that skewed that number somewhat?

UNT averaged 18,000 and some change. Not bad for 5-31 program after three years.

Oh, it's amazing how Louisiana Tech pushed exactly 100,000 fans through the turnstiles for five games, averaging exactly 20,000 per game. How do they do that? blink.gif

Remember, you are asking this about a state whose flagship university has to mark numbers every five yards because ten must be too big of a number.

the Tech/Grambling game is actually counting as a home game for Grambling.