What If?

DeepGreen

I was thinking about those losses to Boise State and FIU. Had we won those two game like we should have, and sitting at 11-2, would UNT be ranked or at least be receiving some votes for the top 25? I think we would be receiving some votes.

If only we had won. :cry:

Edited by DeepGreen

I doubt we'd be receiving votes yet. For a school not well known for basketball, in a weak league(like the SBC is this season, the lowest RPI I've ever seen us at) - we'd probably have to go about 15-2 before we started getting any attention in the polls - and about 21-2 before we actually broke into the Top 25.

Edited by CMJ

We are still ranked in the low 200's from one site I saw and do not play anybody remaining in the Top50 so I doubt we would get a sniff for any Top25 consideration. Our pretty record is made up of pretty bad teams./

Nah, if we ended the season with only 4 losses(1 in conference) we'd be getting some measure of respect from pollsters. Like for a few years when Winthrop had seasons like that they were getting votes to be in the top 25 despite playing in a weaker conference.