Let's Hire Boise State's Offensive Coordinator

So far, Boise has thrown three touchdown passes to their fullback tonight. Meanwhile, back here in Denton....

Anyway, as noted before, both the offensive and defensive coordinator at Boise make about $70k less per season than Todd Dodge. Let's give them a raise and a shot at being the head coach. Unlike our offensive coaches, those guys know the value of fullbacks and tight ends.

So far, Boise has thrown three touchdown passes to their fullback tonight. Meanwhile, back here in Denton....

Anyway, as noted before, both the offensive and defensive coordinator at Boise make about $70k less per season than Todd Dodge. Let's give them a raise and a shot at being the head coach. Unlike our offensive coaches, those guys know the value of fullbacks and tight ends.

Fullback?

Just say no to boise coaches - they don't win outside of the bronconation. It's like drafting a Duke player into the NBA - they rarely translate into studs in a different setting.

Franchione or Kragthorpe if no solid improvement in year 4.

GMG

Just say no to boise coaches - they don't win outside of the bronconation. It's like drafting a Duke player into the NBA - they rarely translate into studs in a different setting.

GMG

Assuming he gets fired, you think Kragthorpe might just sit out a year waiting for our job to open?

That may be the oft told story, but you know there are more former Duke players in the NBA than any other team.

Let's quit talking about a new head coach. We have a head coach, and I believe TD will be UNT's head coach next season. Until, and if, the time comes when UNT has another head coach, it's time to stop the speculation and get behind the one we have.

This speculation and "stuff" is really not doing anyone much good...except of course the folks who just want to speculate! Ha! :blink:

GMG

I don't understand why people are so hot to hire 2 coaches that have failed miserably at programs with far more resources than UNT. I wouldn't want either of these 2 guys. Give me TCU's defensive coordinator or a successful D1AA Head coach in a second over these 2 highly overrated losers.

I'm with Kram here in that we shouldn't speculate until the time has come. I was watching them talk about the boise coach last night and dang i want todd to succeed because all the pieces are there for us to cement the foundation if he can get this team to win. He is little like Rick V in that it is taking longer than desired and in coaching you don't have the luxury of time. Then I saw an interview with wandstedt and he finally turned the Panthers into a BE power but it took time. Dodge has 1 more year to show amazing progress. We should have seem glimmers of hope thus far and going 0-5 in gut wrenching defeats is not hope. We should have lucked into at least 1 of those wins but we didn't.

the only reason Fran and Steve look attractive is because they have assembled beasts before. that is what we must get if Dodge is not our guy for long term. the tcu d coordinator is not a bad idea because the bloodline is solid.

Either way Dodge has a beautiful job in a great market with a brand new house on the way. The UNT head coaching job is much more attractive today than it has been in decades! It must be coveted and not underestimated. The Transformation of UNT has begun and we and who we do business with must respect all that UNT is and will become.

The season starts today!

Beat the red wolves!

GMG!!!

I am not sure that an assistant from another mid-major is what we need to make a splash. I would bet that Wky made a solid hire with their coach, but other than him already a part of their tradition was that really an exciting hire? Solid, probably, but not a splash.

I think we will keep Dodge another year, but if we don't then it really should be someone with a name, like Franchione or others that have been mentioned with D1 HC experience.

One question though. If we are going to hire a mid-major coordinator, what about Tony Frankin?

Not sure that I care about a coach who makes a splash. I want a coach that makes us win. I see what you are saying, but I don't care if the guy makes a splash if he can win.