Www.hirejeffbower.com

UNTflyer

how about coach fran? isnt he available.

Yes, he is available. He has applied for the coaching position at UNLV.

I really believe he could turn this program around. And he could

do it in ONE year. BUT, he would stay about three total years, and go

to bigger and better things.

GO FROGS!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!

He's going to finish 5 - 31. If before he was hired I told you he would be 5 - 31 would you want to hire him ? Then why would you keep him around for a 4th year ?

These close game excuses are tiresome. TD could have also easily lost all 5 games that he has WON and be sitting at 0 - 35.

You do understand that this is now the 5th game we've lost by less than a TD? If we keep Dodge for another year, my minimum is a .500 season. Anything less and he must go.

You realize then as well this is the 4th game we've blown a double digit lead?

If I had time to go look it up, i bet most it lies at the feet of this inept offense

I can, and I will. If Dodge stays, mark me down for guaranteeing 5 wins next year.

Forget it. Seriously, what in the world makes you think .500 is even possible?

I'm tired of being heartbroken. I'm tired of watching in horror as we blow another lead late in the game. I'm tired of hearing the coach say the SAME DAMN THING after every loss. I'm tired of the uninspired play of our team.

Dodge had his chance. He was given the PERFECT setting (playing near his former high school, recruiting advantages, playing his son who knows the offense inside-out) and he has utterly and completely failed as a head coach.

Let's hold off on the JB thing.

Kragthorpe may be available!!!!!!!! :lol:

So many losses this season have been caused by the offense making a colossal mistake (or 2, 3, or 4) that has been just enough to give the opponents the edge to win the game. This isn't a random occurrence like with other teams, this is an established pattern with the North Texas offense.

My thought is to bring in Kragthorpe as offensive coordinator. Let Kragthorpe and DeLoach select their own assistant coaches. Each of those two guys is proven to be fully capable of recruiting players that fit their system, training those players, and directing them in games.

Yes, Kragthorpe, as was DeLoach, may be an expensive hire, but could potentially be very cost effective considering the potential cost of not winning during these next few crucial seasons. North Texas needs to generate a lot of excitement to generate interest from boosters and sponsors in the last year before opening the new stadium and needs to put butts in the seats of that new stadium once it opens.

Forget it. Seriously, what in the world makes you think .500 is even possible?

I'm tired of being heartbroken. I'm tired of watching in horror as we blow another lead late in the game. I'm tired of hearing the coach say the SAME DAMN THING after every loss. I'm tired of the uninspired play of our team.

Dodge had his chance. He was given the PERFECT setting (playing near his former high school, recruiting advantages, playing his son who knows the offense inside-out) and he has utterly and completely failed as a head coach.

he won 2 games off of the easiest schedule in a decade or so. Next years wont be so kind as I understand. I no longer buy into the "give Dodge another year" talk. I remember this talk going on last year too. I understood why we gave him an extra year then... i don't now.

You realize then as well this is the 4th game we've blown a double digit lead?

If I had time to go look it up, i bet most it lies at the feet of this inept offense

there was never a double digit lead in the army game

7-0

7-3

7-10

13-10

13-17

We would not offer him $200k. Probably $500-600k.

Out of curiosity can the program afford it? Would we be able to offer him that kind of money because of the new athletic fee? I guess I am so used to hearing that the program can't even fire Dodge because they could not afford his buyout but we somehow can offer him a half million or more? Granted I am really really happy and excited if we can really pony up that kind of money but I am wondering how it would be possible?

Out of curiosity can the program afford it? Would we be able to offer him that kind of money because of the new athletic fee? I guess I am so used to hearing that the program can't even fire Dodge because they could not afford his buyout but we somehow can offer him a half million or more? Granted I am really really happy and excited if we can really pony up that kind of money but I am wondering how it would be possible?

The athletic fee will add almost $10 million in the first year. The thing about the fee and the stadium - we don't have to start paying for the stadium out of the fee from the very beginning. We can wait until the stadium is 50% paid for by donations, ticket sales, luxury boxes, etc. During that time, the fee can be raised by the BOR by up to 10% a year, without a student vote.

So yes, it is possible to fire Dodge, pay him his $500,000 for the final two years (which would be paid for out of university general funds), and still offer a nice salary for a good coach and a staff of his choice.

I vote for this option then. Let him stick around in another capacity , if he refuses then we save $$

You must give a coach four years. Give Dodge his time here and we will see what happens next year.

I believe we are on the cusp of great things.

GMG

If we asked Dodge to stepdown as head coach , but still keep him on staff and move to QB coach / recruiter and he refused would we still have to pay him ?

03, this is not just directed at you, but at several. I have seen these suggestions to keep Dodge and Deloach around if we hire a new coach. Some of you must like the "Jerry Jones" model. I can here RV offer a guy the job, and tell him we want you to come here and build a winning football program. Then, goes on to tell him we have a new stadium in 22 mos., the fired coach who won 3 games is staying as qb coach/possibly off coordiantor., his son is the quarterback, and we also have the def. coordinator. Then RV tells him other than that, you have complete control.

Now I know I would want to coach under those circumstances. I say send Dodge over to work with the NT Foundation or something like that if you relieve him of his head coaching responsibility and let the new guy interview the coaches on this staff as he wants. I am sure if the new guy has been in coaching for quite sometime, then he will know Deloach and Nelson. They may not want to stay. If you are going to change, then do a complete change.

You are crazy if you think Dodge is going to step back and be a great soldier under somebody who just replaced him as head coach.

03, this is not just directed at you, but at several. I have seen these suggestions to keep Dodge and Deloach around if we hire a new coach. Some of you must like the "Jerry Jones" model. I can here RV offer a guy the job, and tell him we want you to come here and build a winning football program. Then, goes on to tell him we have a new stadium in 22 mos., the fired coach who won 3 games is staying as qb coach/possibly off coordiantor., his son is the quarterback, and we also have the def. coordinator. Then RV tells him other than that, you have complete control.

Now I know I would want to coach under those circumstances. I say send Dodge over to work with the NT Foundation or something like that if you relieve him of his head coaching responsibility and let the new guy interview the coaches on this staff as he wants. I am sure if the new guy has been in coaching for quite sometime, then he will know Deloach and Nelson. They may not want to stay. If you are going to change, then do a complete change.

You are crazy if you think Dodge is going to step back and be a great soldier under somebody who just replaced him as head coach.

exactly!

Dodge's ego is too big to be told to step down , thus exempting us from having to payout the last 2 years of his contract.

Jeff Bower's Texas connection is the fact that he was the SMU QB coach from 1982 to 1986. So he was on the staff when the NCAA gave them the "death penalty". Does anybody think this might be a negative, as in used against him, as for as recruiting if he were to come to North Texas?

P.S. It would make good publicity for us on the SMU boards