Would Winning The Next Two Games Salvage The Season?

NT80

It would be a much better Christmas and Offseason if NT finished the football season on a positive note. Beating Army before a good home crowd and Arkansas State on the road would go a long way toward reviving the confidence of all concerned... fans, players, ADs, and coaches alike.

The team has been close in many games this year. To show it has learned from those and can now focus and finish would be a good sign. I could be content with 4-8 if it ended on a two game winning streak. Otherwise, not so much. :whip:

4-8 makes it easier to swallow the bill coming in April to renew my season tickets and MGC donation...

All I asked for last year was to be more competitive. We got that this year. I'm going to ask for and expect much more next year...

Season cannot be salvaged, but triage would go a long way...

FloMo read my mind. Just finishing strong and going into the offseason with a winning taste in the mouth will do a lot for the men on the team, the program, and the dispositions of us diehards.

One at a time...let's get a win tomorrow.

FloMo read my mind. Just finishing strong and going into the offseason with a winning taste in the mouth will do a lot for the men on the team, the program, and the dispositions of us diehards.

One at a time...let's get a win tomorrow.

I predicted four, as I recall. I think I could live with that, especially with noticeable defensive improvements.

I predicted 2. That doesn't mean that I will be happy if we only win 2 games. I don't know about the rest on here, but when I make a prediction, it is what I objectively think will happen. I could have predicted 0 wins, but that doesn't mean I would consider a 0 win season a success.

4 wins IS NOT a success. Please, don't lower the bar to this level. 4 wins in year three of just about any other D1A football program would bring major changes. I am not saying that should happen. That is a decision for RV.

I just don't think that just because we all thought we would suck means that we are successful when we suck.

Salvage the season from what? It won't salvage the season from being a losing season. It won't salvage the season from being a disappointing season. But it could salvage what small remnant of hope remains among Mean Green Nation for next year. And it could salvage several coaching jobs.

Salvage the season from what? It won't salvage the season from being a losing season. It won't salvage the season from being a disappointing season. But it could salvage what small remnant of hope remains among Mean Green Nation for next year. And it could salvage several coaching jobs.

It would help on the recruiting front as well, mostly it would help to have some momentum going into next season.

I predicted 2. That doesn't mean that I will be happy if we only win 2 games. I don't know about the rest on here, but when I make a prediction, it is what I objectively think will happen. I could have predicted 0 wins, but that doesn't mean I would consider a 0 win season a success.

4 wins IS NOT a success. Please, don't lower the bar to this level. 4 wins in year three of just about any other D1A football program would bring major changes. I am not saying that should happen. That is a decision for RV.

I just don't think that just because we all thought we would suck means that we are successful when we suck.

I said three wins this year and anymore would be a successful season for this bunch.