Interesting Quote From Coach Dodge

SUMG

The last paragraph....is very, very interesting. It seems to me that Coach Dodge is feeling some pressure......even if it's self-imposed. I'd like to see him turn it around......will be interesting to see what happens in the final three games.

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/....2b12cf38c.html

I like what the New Orleans Hornet's CEO said after they just fired their head coach Byron Scott only nine games into the NBA season. I wish UNT coaches, admins and fans had this same attitude...

"Our expectations are high. Our sense of urgency is high. Our patience is low and we hope that translates into results quickly," Hugh Weber.

I like what the New Orleans Hornet's CEO said after they just fired their head coach Byron Scott only nine games into the NBA season. I wish UNT coaches, admins and fans had this same attitude...

"Our expectations are high. Our sense of urgency is high. Our patience is low and we hope that translates into results quickly," Hugh Weber.

Here's a coincidence for you: The guy who has replaced Byron Scott........is named Jeff Bower.

Correct.

I do find it interesting that we see players taking to the media, but not assistant coaches.

Why is not having assistant coaches talking with the media "interesting"? I don't find it interesting at all. How many assistant coaches do you see talking to the media in College or NFL ball. I'll answer my own question, once in a Blue moon. Normally the Head Coach and Team Leaders\Stars are the ones that do the talking for their respective teams.

GMG

Why is not having assistant coaches talking with the media "interesting"? I don't find it interesting at all. How many assistant coaches do you see talking to the media in College or NFL ball.

GMG

Read the Austin American Statesman every game day Saturday and Sunday after a game. A Texas assistant coache(s) are quoted all the time along with players.

“There were several games this year that we were so close,” UNT quarterback Riley Dodge said. “We are climbing that mountain and are about to turn the corner."

That's our problem right there. North Texas is climbing a mountain looking for a corner to turn.