How Does 47-14 Sound?

untcampbell

(I assume this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it)

That was the score from the last 30 seconds of the first half through the end of the game.

Yes, we let THAT team whip us through the first 29+ minutes of the game. But I like how we responded to being down by 14 points twice in this game.

NORTH TEXAS-TD, J Jackson 11 YD PASS FROM R Dodge (J Knott KICK) 14:54 2nd Qtr

NORTH TEXAS-TD, R Dodge 3 YD RUN (J Knott KICK) 4:22 3rd Qtr

WKU-TD, B Rainey 3 YD RUN (C Tinius KICK) 7:43 3rd Qtr

NORTH TEXAS-TD, R Dodge 18 YD RUN (J Knott KICK) 10:14 3rd Qtr

WKU-TD, M Booker 1 YD RUN (C Tinius KICK) 13:23 3rd Qtr

NORTH TEXAS-TD, L Dunbar 71 YD RUN (J Knott KICK) 14:10 3rd Qtr

NORTH TEXAS-TD, R Dodge 1 YD RUN (J Knott KICK) 2:27 4th Qtr

NORTH TEXAS-FG, J Knott 29 YD 9:57 4th Qtr

NORTH TEXAS-SAFETY, BALL THROUGH END ZONE 10:14 4th Qtr

NORTH TEXAS-TD, J Jackson 38 YD PASS FROM R Dodge (J Knott KICK) 11:08 4th Qtr

Beat ULM,

GMG

Yep, if only the second half were counted, we would be well on our way to the New Orleans Bowl. Unfortunately, football games include the second AND first half.

Bad teams play incomplete games.

I understand that everyone is looking for the diamond in the poo poo, but the whole "we won the second half" is such a load of poo poo (without the diamond).

Yep, if only the second half were counted, we would be well on our way to the New Orleans Bowl. Unfortunately, football games include the second AND first half.

I understand that everyone is looking for the diamond in the poo poo, but the whole "we won the second half" is such a load of poo poo (without the diamond).

Then how does 68-49 North Texas sound? Sounds like what we used to call a "w".

Then how does 68-49 North Texas sound? Sounds like what we used to call a "w".

No doubt, and I am very thankful. Let's just not try and make it more than a game we were supposed to win and lets not give the defense a pass for continued horrible play.

Next thing you know, we will be talking about winning the fourth quarter against Alabama.

How ironic is it that we have a whole week to prepare for the first halves and come out flat? Ever notice that our offense is best in the first 20 or so plays to start the game when they are scripted? Once we leave the script, we seem to struggle.