Let's Try Something New...

Travis Scott

This board can easily become a broken record...fire Dodge, fire RV, Tune is average, crucify Riley, bitch, bitch, bitch...please give it a rest. Now I realize that our team's results stink right now...I'm just as frustrated and upset. However, let's look at the remaining schedule. It appears that Monroe is our toughest opponent (maybe Army too). We have winnable games left and with how competitive we have been in the majority (yes competitive) of our games this year, we stand a chance to win 2 or 3 more. That's a 4 win season and moving in the right direction.

What possible good could come from firing anyone right now half way through the season...nothing. We could and should finish on an upswing and be building to a great next year. 4 wins would be a good year for us considering the debacle Dickey left. We have 2 stud receivers coming in next year which should be a great boost. Only one more year in Fouts...natural boost.

We all know that winning cures all...I believe that will start this weekend...see you at Fouts.

It's a fan message board. People can say what they want. that's what it's for.

but wait... DICKEY MONSTER!!!!! AAHHHHH!!! RUUUNNNN!!!!!!

In year one, with what everyone considers an inferior staff, no experience, no DeLoach, and almost nothing but - GASP! - Dickey's bare cupboard, apparently worse than anything the world of college football has ever seen, Todd Dodge won twice - and he came within 20 or less points SEVEN TIMES in losses. This is, again, with Mendoza, a high school staff, no full recruiting period, and Dickey Monster's players.

In year two, with Dodge getting some more players in the mix, DeLoach, etc - Todd Dodge won just once. We only lost by twenty or less twice.

This year, if we can not win two or more and have seven or more losses of less than twenty, you can safely say that OUR BEST SEASON IN THE PAST THREE YEARS WAS COMPRISED ALMOST ENTIRELY OF DARRELL DICKEY'S AFTERBIRTH.

The "emptu cupboard" is the best football this thing has seen for three years. The fuller it gets, the worse things look.

This board can easily become a broken record...fire Dodge, fire RV, Tune is average, crucify Riley, bitch, bitch, bitch...please give it a rest. Now I realize that our team's results stink right now...I'm just as frustrated and upset. However, let's look at the remaining schedule. It appears that Monroe is our toughest opponent (maybe Army too). We have winnable games left and with how competitive we have been in the majority (yes competitive) of our games this year, we stand a chance to win 2 or 3 more. That's a 4 win season and moving in the right direction.

What possible good could come from firing anyone right now half way through the season...nothing. We could and should finish on an upswing and be building to a great next year. 4 wins would be a good year for us considering the debacle Dickey left. We have 2 stud receivers coming in next year which should be a great boost. Only one more year in Fouts...natural boost.

We all know that winning cures all...I believe that will start this weekend...see you at Fouts.

See....this.....I really don't understand. WHAT have you seen in the last 2+ years that leads you to believe this is going to get better? Seriously? You really, truely believe that we will finish this year with 4 wins?

Totally agree with this post

Dodge vs Dickey. Ok, the results on the field are not any better right now.

However, attendance is up. School spirit is up. We have a new stadium coming. TD does not alienate the fans. Did I miss anything ?

Things are definitely better than they were 4 years ago, despite the result. And, we have already hit rock bottom and are on the way up (albiet slowly).

Edited by akriesman

Also, how about Lance Dunbar???? The best back we've had in quite a while, IHO.

You're exactly right about that! I was just thinking about that, then decided to go along with the crowd and post something cynical. If I've come to expect someone from the Dodge years to show up playing on Sunday afternoon, it's Dunbar.

Dickey is so far gone now that he is not even in the rearview mirror anymore. DD is not an excuse, Mattress Mac is not an excuse, Fouts/facilities are not an excuse, talent is not an excuse, the fan turnout is not an excuse, and crickets and urinals are not an excuse. I guess we'll just have to look elsewhere for our excuses.

Dickey is so far gone now that he is not even in the rearview mirror anymore. DD is not an excuse, Mattress Mac is not an excuse, Fouts/facilities are not an excuse, talent is not an excuse, the fan turnout is not an excuse, and crickets and urinals are not an excuse. I guess we'll just have to look elsewhere for our excuses.

You are right...there should not be excuses. I certanily don't make any. I agree we should have won more games this year but we haven't. Dickey was a long time ago and Dodge's system should be working...well, in my opinion, it is starting to work. We are much improved from last year when we did hit rock bottom. Obviously our record does not show that currently. At least the team stayed in to compete in games we should compete in. There is obviously a lot of work to be done to fix the mistakes. I do believe that we have some wins still to get this year...and when that happens, the confidence will blossom in the team and staff and our program will be back on track.

You are right...there should not be excuses. I certanily don't make any. I agree we should have won more games this year but we haven't. Dickey was a long time ago and Dodge's system should be working...well, in my opinion, it is starting to work. We are much improved from last year when we did hit rock bottom. Obviously our record does not show that currently. At least the team stayed in to compete in games we should compete in. There is obviously a lot of work to be done to fix the mistakes. I do believe that we have some wins still to get this year...and when that happens, the confidence will blossom in the team and staff and our program will be back on track.

Hope you're right, but our offense IMO was MUCH better two years ago with a mainly DD crew than it is this year. The only positive I can find after the past couple of weeks, is that our offense and special teams are better in some ways than they were last year. The defense is going to have to make a quick turnaround, and start playing like they did earlier in the year, for me to say that they are significantly better than they were under the dreaded Mendoza.

Dodge vs Dickey. Ok, the results on the field are not any better right now.

However, attendance is up. School spirit is up. We have a new stadium coming. TD does not alienate the fans. Did I miss anything ?

Things are definitely better than they were 4 years ago, despite the result. And, we have already hit rock bottom and are on the way up (albiet slowly).

I really question how much all of these positives are because of Todd Dodge. I think the scool spirit is up because the university is putting itself in a position to make the students have more pride in their school through activities via school groups, residence halls etc. I don't think TD deserves any credit for the stadium because I think it was pretty much RV's baby from start to finish. Let's not forget the outreach the university has tried to make in the last 5-6 years through Dr. B taking a more proactive approach in past alumni and with the success of the gateway center and alumni association that has increased attendance in addition to the school spirit. I just happen to think that Todd Dodge got hired at a time when the University was beginning its transformation (albeit a slow one) to a university that was on the rise in all levels.

I really question how much all of these positives are because of Todd Dodge. I think the scool spirit is up because the university is putting itself in a position to make the students have more pride in their school through activities via school groups, residence halls etc. I don't think TD deserves any credit for the stadium because I think it was pretty much RV's baby from start to finish. Let's not forget the outreach the university has tried to make in the last 5-6 years through Dr. B taking a more proactive approach in past alumni and with the success of the gateway center and alumni association that has increased attendance in addition to the school spirit. I just happen to think that Todd Dodge got hired at a time when the University was beginning its transformation (albeit a slow one) to a university that was on the rise in all levels.

I agree with the tone of your post. Not that long ago, North Texas (along with many Texas universities) was almost as easy to get into as a community college. It's not at all like that now, which over time, will help students develop more of a sense of pride in their university. Dodge just happened to arrive at a time when this school was beginning that transformation. He has helped us bring in a couple of thousand Southlake fans, but that is about it. If he doesn't start winning REAL quick, I suspect we're on the verge of losing a few thousand of our older fans. Regardless, I think we'll make it through this rough stretch and make something very good happen here. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that it will happen without Todd Dodge.