Rushing Yds

H-towngreen

Guest JohnDenver

How about this stat...we ended up with almost 300 yds on the ground today. TD has shown that he will stick with whats working. Impressive game from Cam, Dunbar and Riley

As some of you know, I live in enemy territory now. I had an Arkansas friend over to watch the game and he couldn't stop talking about Riley. This guy's brother works in the Arkansas Athletic department and he called him to tell him about watching Riley... and then he said, "but really, I respect how this Cam guy hits the hole with speed."

And I agree. Cam hit the holes where they were supposed to be and it paid off.. Great game to he and Dunbar.

How about this stat...we ended up with almost 300 yds on the ground today. TD has shown that he will stick with whats working. Impressive game from Cam, Dunbar and Riley

I don't think it's well understood that Dodge (and many other "spread" coaches as well) prefer to run the ball close to 50% of the time; he mentioned once after coming to UNT that he hoped to get closer to that.

I think Riley enjoys running with the ball almost as much as passing it. His maturity in fall camp appeared in this game too; plays more like a junior.

I just have one thing to add to the post game talk. I was VERY PLEASED by watching Riley slide at the end of his runs. That will help keep him in games and shows he has a good head on his shoulders. Every time people said how tough Vizza was for taking the hits and dishing them out, I winced.

I just have one thing to add to the post game talk. I was VERY PLEASED by watching Riley slide at the end of his runs. That will help keep him in games and shows he has a good head on his shoulders. Every time people said how tough Vizza was for taking the hits and dishing them out, I winced.

Except the one run that caused a very heated discussion with Coach Dodge.

What I really liked was when Riley slid at the end of a run at the sideline in the 4th quarter to keep himself from going out of bounds. That kept the clock rolling after they reset the sticks. Very heads-up play.

I think Riley enjoys running with the ball almost as much as passing it. His maturity in fall camp appeared in this game too; plays more like a junior.

Yeah, he certainly does not play like a freshman. I guess since he is about to turn 21, he probably shouldn't play like a freshman since he has been playing in this system his entire life. What a luxury it is to have this guy running our offense for another 50 games or so. Hopefully 51 more games to be exact.