Football: Unt Lands Transfer From Osu

mgsteve

Is anyone at all worried that after rehabbing an ACL tear you won't see the same player you saw prior to it? J-Mo's hammy anyone?

I'm not terribly. I've played soccer with many guys that have torn ACL's, MCL's and the mighty miniscus and all of them came back solid. The treatment options/rehab they have now relative to even 5/10 years ago is outstanding. I think the hamstring issue J-Mo suffered is a completely different bird - more of a genetic issue - he was just prone/born with a bad hammy . And while this is pure conjecture on my part I also think the coaches at that time bulked him up too much, over used him and didn't allow for proper rehab time with him. Just my take though.

Is anyone at all worried that after rehabbing an ACL tear you won't see the same player you saw prior to it? J-Mo's hammy anyone?

Do you think it was his hammy that was never the same? or, do you think it was that he bulked up too much that it slowed him down?

I always thought it was the latter.

adman, i am sorry, i didn't read your post until after I put mine in.... but, you and I are thinking similar.

Edited by Travis

In a nutshell...NO! he has already practiced with the team, so I assume his rehab is over...or all but over. Torn ACL's are bad injuries to anyone and any athlete, but many many recover quite well...I, too, have seen many soccer players return from such injuries at the college level to be just as quick and just as fact as before. Rehab'ing these days is not at all like it was in the "dark ages" when I played a bit of football in HS.

My more "concern" is on the academic side. I am hearing out of OSU that academics did not seem to be a big priority for Cole. I hope that, too, is behind him.

I think the coaching staff probably did an excellent job of checking out both the ASCL and the academic "issues", and I, for one, am happy to see young Mr. Cole on the roster. OSU has plenty of WR's to choose from...UNT needs a WR that can stretch the field and this kid looks to be just the ticket!

Welcome to the Mean Green and welcome home! Nice to have you back south of the Red River where you belong!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN...and thank you Coach Dodge for keeping up with those good TX HS coaching connections....