Perfect Tailgating Beer?

PerryG2480

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a hot ass Saturday afternoon I still prefer something thats cheap, thats lite, and that can be drank in mass quantity with large amounts of red meat. No need for fancy in the parking lot.

I drink Natural Light when I tailgate. I have tank mode and savoring mode - I just like beer debate.

I don't a beer nazi, but "Fireman's #4" is an American Blonde not a Pale. Rio Blanco and Full Moon Rye are Real's pales. Then again, there is Lost Gold (the IPA) and Anniversary XIII (the Belgian PA).

I drink lots of Real. Every place around here has their stuff on tap, and they offer free Brewery tours every Friday (which is a nice way to wind down the work week).

What I wish, is that I could get some "Rahr and Sons" down here. I enjoyed the Stormcloud, Blind Salamander, and Winter last time I was in Fort Worth.

I was a fan of Rahr, esp the black lager. However after visiting them I was less impressed. A lot of their beers are flat.

However they are offering tours now on Wednesday for more a more intitmate time with some interesting brews, an outmeal stout was the first.

I drink Natural Light when I tailgate. I have tank mode and savoring mode - I just like beer debate.

I agree. I drank a lot of Natty when I lived in Denton. If it's hot outside and I want a cold beer, I still think it's hard to beat ice cold Miller High Life, which is my 'on-hand' beer to this day.

I agree. I drank a lot of Natty when I lived in Denton. If it's hot outside and I want a cold beer, I still think it's hard to beat ice cold Miller High Life, which is my 'on-hand' beer to this day.

Yes!!!!! the Champaign of Beers...a staple in my garage fridge. However, we can't get it down here, I say that Yuengling is some of the best. America's oldest brewery and for some reason, we can't get it here in Texas..

Yes!!!!! the Champaign of Beers...a staple in my garage fridge. However, we can't get it down here, I say that Yuengling is some of the best. America's oldest brewery and for some reason, we can't get it here in Texas..

Yeah Alabama is as far as it is distributed currently. i always lug a case back with me whenever I travel to the East. I actualyl had some at our tailgate last year.

Yuengling is the new Shiner for me. That is my everyday beer here in Virginia. Best taste for the price in this area.

I had to go to Raleigh a few months ago and alternated Shiner and Yuengling at a local bar during the Final Four. It worked out pretty nicely.

For good, honest regional beer, Yeungling is good. Shiner is not my favorite. Too sweet. I most lament the death of the LaTrobe Brewery in Pennsylvania and the Rolling Rock that went with it. Even though the brand still exists, getting a bucket of rocks from St. Louis just isn't the same.

I don't get the appeal of Rolling Rock. It tastes more watered-down than Keystone.

Yuengling is the new Shiner for me. That is my everyday beer here in Virginia. Best taste for the price in this area.

I dig the hell out of Yuengling. I hadn't ever heard of it until I moved to Nashville. My roommate from Maryland/DC-area drank it all the time. Quality beer.

Nashville has a good local brewery called Yazoo that makes a good Pale Ale. I'd shank a homeless person for a six pack, right about now.

I don't get the appeal of Rolling Rock. It tastes more watered-down than Keystone.

Its kind of funny the first time I had Rolling Rock was in New York and it was considered regional cheap crap, then the company got a their nationwide marketing in place with grab the The Rock and the rest. Next thing you know people in Texas was telling me how great it is, I still think it stinks.

That's about what I would predict the score being, anyways. The Rice game broke me. This one is also on the road against a decent, confident opponent and we are unproven in almost every aspect...

Of course, it doesn't matter much to me... I'll still be watching the game, dressed in green, full of baseless optimism, ready to fight anyone that mocks my alma mater.

Agree 100%

Day or night I'll take Dos Equis Lager Beer every time. In fact a lot of Mexican beers are quite good. Anyone else have a Mexican favorite beer?

Really enjoy a Dos Equis lager. Good stuff. Also like cold Tecate. I will say that I can't stand Corona, and don't understand the fascination with it. Horrible tasting beer.