Big Man On Campus

mgsteve

Emmitt...you are beginning to become your Avatar! Surely, there is something...something...positive you see in what's happening with the program these days. Something...anything????

Emmitt...you are beginning to become your Avatar! Surely, there is something...something...positive you see in what's happening with the program these days. Something...anything????

As much as I disagree with Emmitt he has a point here, why are we supposed to take something positive about a player who could not hack it at UNT and transferred. Yeah for him that he is doing well, but it is a sad he could not do it here.

Demario is another example of busted scholarships.

OL Rendal Bailey, OL Ajani Banks, OL Jack Crumes,

RB Thomas Pratt, DT Tim Patton, come to my mind too.

Emmit was right, the list does go on and on.

And you wonder why with 4 New Orleans Bowls,

and 4 SBC championships, NT is not where Troy

is now!

Demario is another example of busted scholarships.

OL Rendal Bailey, OL Ajani Banks, OL Jack Crumes,

RB Thomas Pratt, DT Tim Patton, come to my mind too.

Emmit was right, the list does go on and on.

And you wonder why with 4 New Orleans Bowls,

and 4 SBC championships, NT is not where Troy

is now!

Throw in the plethora of players that have left during the Dodge era and you have your answer.

My point wasn't to take a shot at the current staff (there willl be chances a plenty this season), nor to say that we are the only school that loses players (though if you think Oklahoma, USC, or even Southern Miss have this many "misses" you are foolish). My point was to point out just how much talent has signed at NT never to benefit us in any way. Just think of what the teams of the last 5 years could have been had every player who signed in February suited up in September.

My point wasn't to take a shot at the current staff (there willl be chances a plenty this season), nor to say that we are the only school that loses players (though if you think Oklahoma, USC, or even Southern Miss have this many "misses" you are foolish). My point was to point out just how much talent has signed at NT never to benefit us in any way. Just think of what the teams of the last 5 years could have been had every player who signed in February suited up in September.

Agreed, if you look at the last 2 classes of the DD tenure there are only 5-6 names that you would recognize. Seriously, take a look. It's pretty bad, especially considering that was in the midst of 4 Bowl games. Then couple that with TD's first class, put together in a few weeks. Its no wonder these last few years turned out this way.

There is only one reason DD was able to sign these young men to a LOI at NT and that is the same reason they never made it...they didn't have the grades.