New Athletics Website

bdan2002

Me too...I especially love the bio for Jacob Kaiser.

Picture1-3.png

Any chance he gets moved back to WR this season?? A 6'7" 288 lb WR averaging 20.6 yards per catch has to be pretty scary for opposing DBs.

I also love that he was selected by the FWST as a top 100. Being from PA, he was so good that he was one of the best in a different state. Amazing.

I may be the only one to miss the Eagle. My 3-year old son loved it. Everytime he saw me on the computer, he'd say, "Dada, let's listen to the Eagle!" So, I'd end up hitting F5 a million times, so he could hear the screech over and over again.

Little things, little people.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Looks good to me. I think it's an upgrade. When all is "up and running" it should be even better. I appreciate the fact that the Athletic Dept. is looking for ways to improve its image and its ability to reach fans.

GO MEAN GREEN!

i love the new website...simple, easy to get around...and im really looking forward to the live chat and live blogs...

The navigation of the site didn't change. You still get to the same places with the same clicks as before, they just moved the nav bar from the left side of the page to the top. Neat trick, eh?

Edited by UNTFan23

I think it is a vast improvement but I would like a button for the screeching eagle sound. I would play it over and over on my own terms.

Refresh until you feel satiated: http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/play/port_lof.../sound_iid.8626

And so glad the vendor who runs the site decided they should allow us to do an update each year. Just think, it was only last summer those douchers were posting SMU ads on the same page...

Are you crazy? Or just being a Mean Green fan?

No, I'm looking at this as a site designer. "Here's this new site", or in other words, "Let's just scoot the navigation to the top of the page, but not change the overall look of the site." The extra functionality is nice to have, but you can't really say "the new site looks awesome" when 99% of the style is the same thing. I think the correct statement is, "it looks marginally better than the old one, the eagle screech is gone, and they added some new widgets, which are pretty freakin' cool."

Edited by meangreendork