Minor Earthquake Saturday

Great now we have earthquakes in addition to our tornado belt. It is Armageddon I tell you.

I imagine it was about like the vibrations for most of a close thunderclap. I remember my house shaking when the space shuttle blowup, I think it was the sonic boom.

Edited by KingDL1

Actually an old fault line runs right through the Metroplex.

Actually, an old mountain range, the Ouachita Fold Belt, runs right underneath the Metroplex. As far as I know, it's been rather silent until the last year or so. We can't all be petroleum geologists (what can I expect from people who don't believe that gobal warming exists?), but the one in our office has us all convinced the early reported "earthquakes" were from "fraccing"(sp?) of the Barnett Shale. Here's a link to the Railroad Commissions Public GIS map viewer; at least you all can select to view Tarrant County, then pan and zoom around until you see the locations of all the gas wells in the area of the reported epicenter of yesterday's activity.

Railroad Commission Public GIS map viewer

Hey, I can be as much of a conspiracy theorist as the global warming skeptics; I don't think there will be much mention as to why this might have occurred, considering the huge amounts of money to be made from development of gas wells in this area. And I don't care; I'm glad I got a few dollars for a signing bonus (maybe they're putting in our well and I'll be a rich'un). I just consider it amusing that educated people (perhaps not in earth science) think that all of a sudden an "old fault line" (yes, millions of years is pretty old), has decided to suddenly start becoming active, coincidentally, just around areas of intensive gas well drilling.

Edited by eulessismore

If anything runs to the right of President Bush, that would be new!

---Despite his "claims" he was the most liberal (leftist) president financially we ever had... He doubled the national debt which means he increased the national debt as must as the previous 42 Presidents COMBINED. He was great at spending a whole lot more than he took in income (taxes). Wish I could do that... spend a lot more than I make. We kept saying that but some would not listen and kept believing his claims that" he was a conservative". Now we have this financial mess he left us.

---Our other "right-wing" president (Reagan) was once the president of a labor union [screen Actrs Guild in liberal Hollywood California] and he managed a to more than double the national debt. Some things just aren't as they are claimed.

---Despite his "claims" he was the most liberal (leftist) president financially we ever had... He doubled the national debt which means he increased the national debt as must as the previous 42 Presidents COMBINED. He was great at spending a whole lot more than he took in income (taxes). Wish I could do that... spend a lot more than I make. We kept saying that but some would not listen and kept believing his claims that" he was a conservative". Now we have this financial mess he left us.

---Our other "right-wing" president (Reagan) was once the president of a labor union [screen Actrs Guild in liberal Hollywood California] and he managed a to more than double the national debt. Some things just aren't as they are claimed.

It was just a lame attempt at a joke.

Some people refuse to leave 2008.

Actually, I just had Taco Cabana for lunch that day.

Noone paid much attention to me when I pointed that a lot of the Barnett Shale natural gas development is around Hwy 157 and Hwy 183 in Euless, which is also the location of a Pancho's mexican food establishment, and just north of the reported earthquake epicenter. So, as part owner of mineral rights in that area, I ask you to please, eat at the Euless Pancho's.

BLOOD & THUNDER PROPHET: ...And the bezan shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts. Yeeah...

FALSE PROPHET: ...For the demon shall bear a nine-bladed sword. Nine-bladed! Not two or five or seven, but nine, which he will wield on all wretched sinners, sinners just like you, sir, there, and the horns shall be on the head, with which he will...

BORING PROPHET: ...Obadiah, his servants. There shall, in that time, be rumours of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things wi-- with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment. At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock. Yea, it is written in the book of Cyril that, in that time, shall the third one...