2009 Road Games

greenminer

I had a great time last year in Manhattan, and decided to see if there was some opinion around here regarding our 2009 road games. If you had to rank them in terms of bang for the buck/mileage, how would they stack up? Here's the unofficial 2009 road list (per NT03's sig):

09/03 @ BALL ST (thurs)

09/19 @ BAMA

10/10 @ ULL

10/24 @ TROY

11/28 @ ARK ST

This is really on a whim for me based on word of mouth, but here's my preference:

1) LaLa. I've heard so much about their food and tailgating. Sun Belt support: check. short trip: check. Seems like this is a must-go at some point in the near future.

2) 'Bama: I have never been to an SEC stadium. 'Bama would be a great start.

3) Troy: don't know anything about their food, but this is a great football program and witnessing a road win there would be really cool to have under my belt.

4) Ark State: I don't' know anything about this place, except Quinn's magical catch a couple years ago over-shadowed a really crappy-looking field. I'm tempted to say this would be last behind Ball State if not for distance. I'm sure some of our Arkie regulars would be happy to chime in with some input. I'd love to hear from them

5) Ball State: too f'n far. Sorry. Anyone ever been there?

If you've never done this before, it's a lot of fun. If you're a 20-something or early 30-something Greek, it probably is worth checking with the local chapter and seeing about some hookup. I did that in Manhattan and made some great friends. More to think about: player parents make these trips and you'll probably get to meet some. These kids work their tail off for us and conversely we get a pair (or two) of Mean Green subway fans with their commitment. Manhattan gave me the chance to chat with the Warrens and it was a pleasure. Big fan of Steve now.

Plus. Tailgating. and football. and tailgating.

Did I mention tailgating?

If your a twenty something or early thirty something Greek............ Get a job! Jk.

On a serious note, ark st is a challenging roadtrip, it's out in the middle of nowhere and in the center of a dry county. I'm not saying it can't be done but this tailgait is not for first timers or amatures. That being said.....

If you go Greek, go TKE. Pledge your loyalty to royalty bra.

If you've never done this before, it's a lot of fun. If you're a 20-something or early 30-something Greek, it probably is worth checking with the local chapter and seeing about some hookup. I did that in Manhattan and made some great friends.

I did that at LSU last year. I learned that I am too old for some things. Yikes!

Saw NT play Alabama awhile back. The fact that we went up 7-0 on them allowed for respect...honestly, with Nebraska, the nicest fans of any "major" school opponent. This was not evidenced in their reaction to Sasha Baron Cohen's Bruno character. If you are not gay...let me restate...not flamboyant, you will be fine at Bama, and have a great time. We got beat something like 33-7, but I felt great about the game.

One other thing sticks out: When Bama plays someone like NT (what they perceive to be an automatic win), longtime season ticket holders give their tickets to "first time attendees." They greatly appreciate the experience and taunting is limited.

LSU=Not interested.

Scott Campbell

20% warned

I would say the Bama trip, just due to the history of this program. There is the "Bear Bryant Museum" and is suppose to be a must see for college football fans. Secondly, I want to go to Lafyette, just to see for myself how great the tailgating is. I have met many of their fans when they come here and all have said to be sure to look for them at their tailgate.

Tuscaloosa is a cool college town with some hella-good BBQ. Very nice campus, good folks. I'll be there. I'd rank this as the top "away" destination on the schedule next year.

I don't know that I'd make a special trip just to get to Muncie, but that's just me. If you happened to be in Indy that weekend, however, it would be a worthwhile side-trek to see UNT play.

Does anyone know where we play MTSU in 2009?

Edited by Eagle1855