Wr Casey Fitzgerald, North Texas Longshot

mgsteve

I to am rooting for Fitz to catch on and make some big bucks in the NFL. But he has his head on straight and will be a great Coach. He is doing his student coaching at Lake Dallas this semester and should not have a problem getting a job as a coach if the Pro football dream falls through.

At the basketball game last night Rick V. presented Casey with a plaque from the NCAA commemorating his leading the nation in receptions last year. I wonder where his Coach was?

GMG!

Casey understood what it means to be a student, an athlete, a self reliant young man, and the face of UNT football. I don't care what he does in life. He's gonna' be successful at it.

Every time I talk to anyone who's outside the UNT community of students and alumni about Casey, I talk about how he kept working at Whataburger after he went on scholarship.

Edited by eulessismore

Wasn't Casey listed at 6'1" in the progams last year? I don't understand why coaches keep fudging measurables like this. It's not like your opponent doesn't line up across from you and know how big you are. You aren't going to fool pro scouts, they are going to measure. SO, why do it?? To fool your own fan base? To make the player more viable for post-season awards? Someone please explain this to me.

Wasn't Casey listed at 6'1" in the progams last year? I don't understand why coaches keep fudging measurables like this. It's not like your opponent doesn't line up across from you and know how big you are. You aren't going to fool pro scouts, they are going to measure. SO, why do it?? To fool your own fan base? To make the player more viable for post-season awards? Someone please explain this to me.

To provide material for conspiracy minded internet posters, so they don't always have to talk about parameters which are not publicized, such as head size?

At the basketball game last night Rick V. presented Casey with a plaque from the NCAA commemorating his leading the nation in receptions last year. I wonder where his Coach was?

GMG!

It's not what you think... :ph34r:

This was a very last minute thing put together to honor him. I was asking the same question and was satisfied AND amused by the answer.

He is listed as 5'11. Almost all heights are overstated for the same reason that 40 times are always generously stated. Because everyone does it, what coach wants to admit that his average offensive lineman is 6'3 on or that his fastest wide receiver runs a 4.6. The facts are that almost every team exaggerates both the size and speed of their players. This is the norm, therefore anyone who post actual statistics is subject to criticism. Why can't you recruit bigger and faster players. A good example, is the NT roster which last year reportedly used mostly actual heights. Didn't you feel better about your team when linemen Gill, Santiago, Menard were all listed at 6'5, than last year when they were all shorter? Same lineman, but suddenly they are reported to be shorter than most of the competition's linemen who are mostly listed at 1 to 2 inches more than actual.

I have mentioned this before, but a few years back; I took a non-scientific sample comparing actual heights (as measured by pro scouts) to college roster heights. In my sample, about 15 players, only one measured the same. The norm was about 1 1'2 inches less then their roster heights.

He is listed as 5'11. Almost all heights are overstated for the same reason that 40 times are always generously stated. Because everyone does it, what coach wants to admit that his average offensive lineman is 6'3 on or that his fastest wide receiver runs a 4.6. The facts are that almost every team exaggerates both the size and speed of their players. This is the norm, therefore anyone who post actual statistics is subject to criticism. Why can't you recruit bigger and faster players. A good example, is the NT roster which last year reportedly used mostly actual heights. Didn't you feel better about your team when linemen Gill, Santiago, Menard were all listed at 6'5, than last year when they were all shorter? Same lineman, but suddenly they are reported to be shorter than most of the competition's linemen who are mostly listed at 1 to 2 inches more than actual.

I have mentioned this before, but a few years back; I took a non-scientific sample comparing actual heights (as measured by pro scouts) to college roster heights. In my sample, about 15 players, only one measured the same. The norm was about 1 1'2 inches less then their roster heights.

Well then, if I play in the GMG bowl, I need to be listed at 6'6", 245 lbs, with a 40 time of 4.6.

I think this is all a conspiracy to make the average man think these atheletes are far superior to us, when really 11 of us from this board could probably hang with the Cowboys 2nd team.