Status Of Gmg Bowl 2009

Green Nightmare

Ok I'm trying to string this together if everyone is still interested

I'm going to speak with the T-shirt people on Monday about doing a "recession style" shirt for the game.

Just numbers and GMG on the front? Any ideas or slick non-tricked out logos?

I put a call into John Burkett and one other contact at the AD's office regarding the field and help with the event. Targeting 4/11 for the game.

How many shirts would we need/want. What would we be willing to pay?

i'm good for that date and for the 25-30 bucks.

of course, we could just get white shirts/green shirts and a sharpie!

i just want to play and have fun for a good cause like we always have!

if we can save money by making shirts so that more can participate and more cash can go to the scholarship fund, i'm all for it!

Long Story Short...

Alot of us got really tired of waiting on football season a while back and decided to play a flag football game around the time of the spring game and raise money for Andrew's Scholarship Fund. You have to be a GMG poster (Unless we are playing Ringer RUles, haha) and you have to submit a bio on GMG in a BIO thread when it appears. We then have a live draft in the Chat Room. Teams are set and we meet up on the game day and play some football, drink some beer and fellowship with other mean green koolaid addicts.

I usually win.

Long Story Short...

Alot of us got really tired of waiting on football season a while back and decided to play a flag football game around the time of the spring game and raise money for Andrew's Scholarship Fund. You have to be a GMG poster (Unless we are playing Ringer RUles, haha) and you have to submit a bio on GMG in a BIO thread when it appears. We then have a live draft in the Chat Room. Teams are set and we meet up on the game day and play some football, drink some beer and fellowship with other mean green koolaid addicts.

I usually win.

I would like to add a little bit of history to the origin of the game. Basically everyone on the board was fighting. I mean - everyone. So we had a thread about how when it is the offseason, guys get all hormonal because they have not had their fill of football and there is no end in sight to the end of the off-season. We organized the GMG.com bowl to cool everyone off and give people something to rally around (and quit arguing). I organized the first couple and they were fun... Medpilot took over around the 3rd one and it became a charity deal and really started getting big. So it started off as a way to get everyone together and fight out some message board aggresion... it turned into a charitable contest after Drew passed and the athletic department started to get even more involved than they had been in the past. I am very glad to see the spirit of th game continue, charity aside. This is a fun event and is a great way to meet the other posters on GMG.com. I hope that everyone is able to make it - t-shirts or not.

I would like to add a little bit of history to the origin of the game. Basically everyone on the board was fighting. I mean - everyone. So we had a thread about how when it is the offseason, guys get all hormonal because they have not had their fill of football and there is no end in sight to the end of the off-season. We organized the GMG.com bowl to cool everyone off and give people something to rally around (and quit arguing). I organized the first couple and they were fun... Medpilot took over around the 3rd one and it became a charity deal and really started getting big. So it started off as a way to get everyone together and fight out some message board aggresion... it turned into a charitable contest after Drew passed and the athletic department started to get even more involved than they had been in the past. I am very glad to see the spirit of th game continue, charity aside. This is a fun event and is a great way to meet the other posters on GMG.com. I hope that everyone is able to make it - t-shirts or not.

That's odd... I didn't think Quoner and I began the conspiracy to ruin GMG until 2 or 3 years ago.

So the bottom line for your's truly is that MRIs confirm that if I run more than 5 yards, I'll end up in the operating theater with a bunch of med students looking on. Can I still show up, don a t-shirt and drink beer?

ETA -- Wait a tic. I can still kick the crap out of a ball. Can someone draft me as a punter?

Edited by oldguystudent

I know I would love to play again. I just have to convince the hubby to take off work that day (I'm sure an 18 pack of Bud Light might be persuasive enough).

Let's hope that I can actually move the day after. Last time I think I was bedridden for two days.

Price of tshirts wont be an issue or we can wear our oldies. Whatever works for everyone else.