01/27/09 Anticipated CM Interviews

02/12/09 Anticipated Formal Contract Award Notification

03/01/09 CM Pre-Construction Services Agreement Authorized

10/01/09 GMP from CM

11/01/09 Anticipated Notice to Proceed

02/15/10 Anticipated Construction Start

07/15/11 Substantial Completion – Ready for Occupancy

09/15/11 100% Construction Complete/Final Inspection

Remember that it is quite common to open a stadium before it is finished. There can be things that are agreed upon to not yet be completed for the first or second event....meaning that there is a possibility a game could be played there before 9/15/11.

Remember that it is quite common to open a stadium before it is finished. There can be things that are agreed upon to not yet be completed for the first or second event....meaning that there is a possibility a game could be played there before 9/15/11.

Possibly, but then again we are usually on the road the first week or two anyways. We will very likely have our home season opener in the new house.

Hate to be Debbie Downer, but I will believe it when I see it.

Yeah, all this business about passing the vote, hiring a manager, going to the state legislature to approve the fee, hiring an architectural firm... when the hell will UNT really get serious about building this stadium?!?!

2.12 Proposed Project Key Events Schedule

12/18/08 9:30 AM Pre-proposal Meeting

01/13/09 2:00 PM Receive CM at Risk Proposals

01/13/09 3:30 PM Public Opening

01/20/09 Issuing request for Interviews to Short-listed Firms

01/27/09 Anticipated CM Interviews

02/12/09 Anticipated Formal Contract Award Notification

03/01/09 CM Pre-Construction Services Agreement Authorized

10/01/09 GMP from CM

11/01/09 Anticipated Notice to Proceed

02/15/10 Anticipated Construction Start

07/15/11 Substantial Completion – Ready for Occupancy

09/15/11 100% Construction Complete/Final Inspection

Why is there a 3 1/2 month gap between "notice to proceed" and "construction start"?....not that it makes much difference....it still looks like a 2011 opening date.

<br />Yes bummer all they get is a free education and all.

I dont necessarily feel sorry for them. I understand they are getting a free education and got to play D1 football. I was just saying that I believe they were sorta promised that they should be playing a new stadium by their senior year.

Edited by Green Mean

<br />Yes bummer all they get is a free education and all.

I dont necessarily feel sorry for them. I understand they are getting a free education and got to play D1 football. I was just saying that I believe they were sorta promised that they should be playing a new stadium by their senior year.

Redshirts will won't they?

<br />I've heard its worth about $100,000 It's interesting we have great news we have been waiting for such a long time and some poster can still bring up negative comments.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

How was I being negative? I was just saying that since the stadium won't be ready earlier that some of the kids wont be able to play in the new stadium like they were told which is a fact. And yes I am sure it is a bummer for some of them as I am sure they would have loved to play in the new stadium.

Yes bummer all they get is a free education and all.

Free education ? Don't know how many hot summer and fall days you spent out on the practice field, but it's not free.

Sounds like they are waiting on the crew to finish loop 288 to start the stadium.

Free education ? Don't know how many hot summer and fall days you spent out on the practice field, but it's not free.

Sounds like they are waiting on the crew to finish loop 288 to start the stadium.

it's their choice...if they don't like it, they don't have to do it. football scholly = free education

How was I being negative? I was just saying that since the stadium won't be ready earlier that some of the kids wont be able to play in the new stadium like they were told which is a fact. And yes I am sure it is a bummer for some of them as I am sure they would have loved to play in the new stadium.

Agreed. It's no big deal for long-time fans like us to wait another year, but I think it would have been a great treat for players who have worked so hard (e.g., Vizza) to have an opportunity to play in the new stadium.

Well, I think it was last year sometime, that I predicted an opening date of 2012, so I was off by 3 months. Great news.

Question? Does anyone have a speculation as to whether or not NT is still intent on building a "LEED" certified facility? I didn't realize it until Thanksgiving, but a member of my family is the facility manager of a newly constructed facility here in the metroplex. He asked me during our family gathering about it because he had heard we were going to build our new stadium LEED certified? I told him I thought for sure we were and he shook his head and said we will regret it because of the increased expense that it includes to run it and upkeep it, plus many of the items used in construction are just plain poor. He said they had to hire double the maintenance crew members than expected just to keep up with everything. Other things include the light bulbs, which when they go out are expensive to replace and the grass pavement system(someone linked to it here sometime back before about that) is crap. This surprised me because I thought the grass pavement deal was pretty cool myself. He said it's the biggest pain in the ass to keep up and has to be hydromulched twice a year just to keep any grass on it at all, which they usually cannot do because of the Texas heat. And once the grass starts to die off in patches it becomes very ugly. He said he and the facility ownership greatly regrets it overall and suggested that some of it is a good idea but he wouldn't go for the full out "LEED" certification program if he had to do it all over again.

Thoughts?

Rick

Well, I think it was last year sometime, that I predicted an opening date of 2012, so I was off by 3 months. Great news.

Question? Does anyone have a speculation as to whether or not NT is still intent on building a "LEED" certified facility? I didn't realize it until Thanksgiving, but a member of my family is the facility manager of a newly constructed facility here in the metroplex. He asked me during our family gathering about it because he had heard we were going to build our new stadium LEED certified? I told him I thought for sure we were and he shook his head and said we will regret it because of the increased expense that it includes to run it and upkeep it, plus many of the items used in construction are just plain poor. He said they had to hire double the maintenance crew members than expected just to keep up with everything. Other things include the light bulbs, which when they go out are expensive to replace and the grass pavement system(someone linked to it here sometime back before about that) is crap. This surprised me because I thought the grass pavement deal was pretty cool myself. He said it's the biggest pain in the ass to keep up and has to be hydromulched twice a year just to keep any grass on it at all, which they usually cannot do because of the Texas heat. And once the grass starts to die off in patches it becomes very ugly. He said he and the facility ownership greatly regrets it overall and suggested that some of it is a good idea but he wouldn't go for the full out "LEED" certification program if he had to do it all over again.

Thoughts?

Rick

I warned you...

keanureeves.jpg

He'll now kill you by firing two guns whilst jumping through the air.