Tailback Mcduffie Leaves Michigan

dml7007

McDuffie Leaves Michigan

This could be a running back for us to get wants a school closer to home in Texas..

Not sure why the link did not work.. here is the article from the Detroit News.

Detroit News Staff

ANN ARBOR -- Freshman tailback Sam McGuffie, one of coach Rich Rodriguez's top recruits, has transferred from Michigan.

McGuffie was granted his release by the university, the Web site wolverines.com reported Friday. The report was confirmed by The Detroit News.

McGuffie was a noticeable no-show at last week's annual football bust.

Advertisement

McGuffie, who is from Texas, is expected to enroll in a school closer to home. If he signs with a Division I school, he will have to sit out one year but will have three years of eligibility remaining.

He was bothered at times by injuries this past season.

When asked about McGuffie's status last week, Rodriguez said: "I've talked to Sam before the (Thanksgiving) break and after the break. We have several concerns. Sam has concerns at home, and we have concerns because he's had multiple concussions, three of them, so there's a lot of concerns there."

"I don't want to talk anything medically, because I'm not qualified, but it is something that the trainers and I have talked about and are concerned about. That's for his future, wherever he may be."

Sure, he'd be nice to have, but let's be honest here, Sam was all-world coming out of Cy-Fair and every school in the country would have wanted him. He'll still be heavily recruited by LSU and the southern Big XII schools and with A&M being right up the road, he probably has dozens of friends there.

Plus, if he were to commit to North Texas, it would be reported that it was a move only out of desperation by a 3 and 21 coaching staff that is desperate in a desperate attempt to replace XXXX player that said desperate coaching staff is obviously desperately trying to replace. You know that coaching staff is 3 and 21 over the last two seasons, and they have compiled only 3 wins during that time which spans 24 games. Oh, and every player that they recruit is out of desperation to replace somebody that they are desperately not happy with.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Would love to have him and he would be our best running back. But...on a list of position problems, running back is near the bottom. Now if he were a defensive tackle......

In an interview Vito will inform him why he shouldn't come here.