3. Oklahoma 10-1

4. Florida 10-1

5. USC 9-1

6. Utah 12-0

7. Texas Tech 10-1

8. Penn State 11-1

9. Boise State 11-0

10. Ohio State 10-2

So the Big 12 South is going to help make the case for a playoff. Texas, who was idle, slides into the #2 spot while Oklahoma moves up to #3. Tech, who beat Texas, drops to #7.

However, Tech can still play in the championship game if OSU upsets Oklahoma next week. Tech would then have the head-to-head assuming they beat Baylor and Texas beats A&M.

But if they all win out, there is a 3-way tie and Texas could end up in the Big 12 Championship because the Big 12 South winner is then determined by who has the highest BCS ranking. And if they do all win out, someone is left out of the BCS Series because of the Two-Team Rule.

Crazy stuff.

1. Alabama 11-0

2. Texas 10-1

3. Oklahoma 10-1

4. Florida 10-1

5. USC 9-1

6. Utah 12-0

7. Texas Tech 10-1

8. Penn State 11-1

9. Boise State 11-0

10. Ohio State 10-2

So the Big 12 South is going to help make the case for a playoff. Texas, who was idle, slides into the #2 spot while Oklahoma moves up to #3. Tech, who beat Texas, drops to #7.

However, Tech can still play in the championship game if OSU upsets Oklahoma next week. Tech would then have the head-to-head assuming they beat Baylor and Texas beats A&M.

But if they all win out, there is a 3-way tie and Texas could end up in the Big 12 Championship because the Big 12 South winner is then determined by who has the highest BCS ranking. And if they do all win out, someone is left out of the BCS Series because of the Two-Team Rule.

Crazy stuff.

Even crazier if MIZZU wins the BIG XII title game , I hope it happens just to add to the joke that is the BCS

OU is ranked ahead of TX in the other two polls. If they blow out OSU, they will end up in the Big 12 Champ game. OSU will play hard the first two quarters, then run out of steam as OU pulls away. I think the Horn fans are going to be pretty upset. However, OU is a better team than TX beat back in October. But, I think if it comes down to OU TX for the Big 12 Champ game, then TX should go because they did beat them in the season. But that is not how the computers see it.

Only thing crazier is the thought of a new stadium actually being built on the campus of UNT. Students did their part but will the alumni pony up the $30 million to get it off the ground?

you have the best posts.

Regarding the topic at hand, OU will prob jump Texas after next weekend... assuming everyone wins the games they are supposed to.

However, if FLA loses to FSU then beats Alabama, things could be really interesting with UT and OU in the #1 and #2 spot. Ahhh what a world.

Regarding the topic at hand, OU will prob jump Texas after next weekend... assuming everyone wins the games they are supposed to.

However, if FLA loses to FSU then beats Alabama, things could be really interesting with UT and OU in the #1 and #2 spot. Ahhh what a world.

Yes, the so-called experts said if Texas, OU, and Tech all win out that OU would jump UT in the BCS poll on the basis of a schedule strength increase by playing Okie State at the end of the season vs UT playing A$M. The tie-breaker for the Big 12 Division is BCS standing, thus OU would face Mizzou in the championship game. I also see Bama losing to Florida in the SEC Championship game. The BCS Bowls (I hope it makes everyone unhappy enough to scream for the need to have a true playoff!):

BCS Title game: OU vs Florida

Rose: Penn St. vs USC

Orange: Ohio St. vs Boise St.

Sugar: Texas vs. Bama

Fiesta: Utah vs Texas Tech

So what's the difference between a playoff and what we are getting with the regular season? Every week is an elimination round.

The BCS poll is not a seeding system, that's why UT can jump to #2.

A two-tiered post season would be bad for college football and teams like UNT.

Yes, the so-called experts said if Texas, OU, and Tech all win out that OU would jump UT in the BCS poll on the basis of a schedule strength increase by playing Okie State at the end of the season vs UT playing A$M. The tie-breaker for the Big 12 Division is BCS standing, thus OU would face Mizzou in the championship game. I also see Bama losing to Florida in the SEC Championship game. The BCS Bowls (I hope it makes everyone unhappy enough to scream for the need to have a true playoff!):

So is it possible for both Boise and Utah to get in? And if the football gods do let that happen - how will those units be divided (or not be divided). From what I understand, the first non-auto-qualifier splits the money with the other non-auto-qualifier conferences and then with their own conference. I do not know of any rule for a second team. Would the second team keep the entire share? Without having to give out any of the proceedings to teams from the MAC, Sun Belt, etc..? That is just weird to think that the 2nd highest non-auto team would get rewarded more (monetarily) than the higher ranked team. I doubt that the BCS fagoids let it happen, even though both teams deserve it. Maybe they will just stick them in a game verses one another and tell them to slpit one unit. No way they give up more than one piece to the pie.

What happens with the Big East after this year? Highest ranked team is #19? With only one other team clinging around in the top 25? I mean, what does the MWC have to do to replace them? I think that this season, they deserve to replace the Big East. Is it a 3 year rule (being ranked as a conference ahead of the Big East 3 years in a row)? Help me out here guys - with NT down, I am routing for these Cinderella teams!

First of all the scenario that NT 80 posted can't happen, because he has 3 schools from the Big XII in, which can't happen. If Ohio State had lost to Michigan, I thought Boise had a good shot of getting in, but they won't be picked over the Buckeyes. Oregon State is going to the Rose if they beat the Ducks in the Civil War.

If OU leapfrogs Texas in the BCS poll... the Big 12 Championship will be between Missouri and Oklahoma. So Texas (tied with best record in the conference) will be at home watching two teams they beat by double digits play in the championship.. Crazy.

If OU happens to lose to OSU which isn't out of the realm of possibility, Texas Tech would go to the Big 12 Championship, and Texas would be at home making plans for Miami and playing in the BCS title game against the Alabama/Florida winner.... Crazy.

Edited by Baby Arm!

If OU leapfrogs Texas in the BCS poll... the Big 12 Championship will be between Missouri and Oklahoma. So Texas (tied with best record in the conference) will be at home watching two teams they beat by double digits play in the championship.. Crazy.

If OU happens to lose to OSU which isn't out of the realm of possibility, Texas Tech would go to the Big 12 Championship, and Texas would be at home making plans for Miami and playing in the BCS title game against the Alabama/Florida winner.... Crazy.

I think if OU loses - voters would try and jump another school ahead of Texas to play in the Championship game. Hell, remember they jumped LSU 5 spots last year after the SEC title game(most famously over Georgia, a school that didn't win their division of the SEC).

I think if OU loses - voters would try and jump another school ahead of Texas to play in the Championship game. Hell, remember they jumped LSU 5 spots last year after the SEC title game(most famously over Georgia, a school that didn't win their division of the SEC).

Need to keep an eye on Florida and Bama the next 2 weeks.

Need to keep an eye on Florida and Bama the next 2 weeks.

I'll go further than that. The top 5 all have rivalry games this week(Alabama, UT, OU, Florida, & USC). I expect at least one to lose. Not going to call WHO, but something tells me someone will get humbled by a blood rival.

Edited by CMJ

So is it possible for both Boise and Utah to get in? And if the football gods do let that happen - how will those units be divided (or not be divided). From what I understand, the first non-auto-qualifier splits the money with the other non-auto-qualifier conferences and then with their own conference. I do not know of any rule for a second team. Would the second team keep the entire share? Without having to give out any of the proceedings to teams from the MAC, Sun Belt, etc..? That is just weird to think that the 2nd highest non-auto team would get rewarded more (monetarily) than the higher ranked team. I doubt that the BCS fagoids let it happen, even though both teams deserve it. Maybe they will just stick them in a game verses one another and tell them to slpit one unit. No way they give up more than one piece to the pie.

What happens with the Big East after this year? Highest ranked team is #19? With only one other team clinging around in the top 25? I mean, what does the MWC have to do to replace them? I think that this season, they deserve to replace the Big East. Is it a 3 year rule (being ranked as a conference ahead of the Big East 3 years in a row)? Help me out here guys - with NT down, I am routing for these Cinderella teams!

No Boise and Utah won't both get in.

Remember 10 slots.

1. Six are guaranteed to the six league winners.

2. One is guaranteed to the highest rated champion of the other five conferences provided they are rated 12 or better (right now that is Utah) or 16 or better and one of the auto qualifiers is rated lower than 16.

3. One spot is guaranteed to Notre Dame if they finish 8 or better (won't happen this year).

4. You can also auto qualify if you are ranked #3 and are not conference champ (unless 1 or 2 is from your conference and also isn't conference champ). If standings stay the same and Texas wins the Big XII, OU is guaranteed a spot.

5. If no one qualifies under #4 you can auto qualify by being ranked #4 and not a conference champ (unless 1 or 2 is from your conference and also isn't conference champ). As the rankings stand, Florida would miss the guarantee because #4 applies.

Provision 1-5 will fill at least 6 slots and could fill as many as 9 of the 10 spots. This year 1-5 will likely fill 8 spots.

After the automatic slots are filled you start taking at-large. To be an at-large selection you have to be rated 14 or better and no more than two teams from any conference can go to the BCS games (exception 1 and 2 are from the same conference but don't win the conference, wildly unlikely).

To be considered at-large you have to be rated 14 or better.

Right now I'm guessing USC, the loser of Bama/Florida and one of UT/OU get the remaining slots and there is no room for Boise.

As to the Big East is guaranteed its spot through 2013. For 2014 and beyond it will be the highest rated leagues based on years 2006-2009 (because that's when the contracts get signed). BCS rules permit expanding the AQ field to 7 so if the MWC could hit the standard (and they did not in 2008 not sure about the other years) the BCS would more likely keep the Big East and just add the MWC.

Edited by Arkstfan

I'm praying Boise State, Utah, and Ball State all finish the regular season and post season undefeated. Fans will be running around with pitch forks after the B©S if we have three undefeated teams with none of them getting a B©S bid.

I'm praying Boise State, Utah, and Ball State all finish the regular season and post season undefeated. Fans will be running around with pitch forks after the B©S if we have three undefeated teams with none of them getting a B©S bid.

Utah is just waiting to see what their bowl is now.

Most will be okay with Boise and Ball State missing the BCS. Call it a hunch. The only potential whining you'll hear is between USC, Texas, Texas Tech and OU fans. Luckily, it's pretty easy to tune out.

Only thing crazier is the thought of a new stadium actually being built on the campus of UNT. Students did their part but will the alumni pony up the $30 million to get it off the ground?

OMG!!!!!! That wuz so funniezz!!!!! Way to shohornz allz ur bitz into allz the thredz!!!!!

LOLZ!!!

Edited by Green P1

Actually, Oregon State is in the driver's seat to represent the Pac 10 in the Rose Bowl, regardless of the fact that they have 3 losses, 1 of them being a 45-14 throttling at the hands of Penn State.