North Texas Wins One !

GreenEggs&Ham™

Very exciting game to watch and the last 21 seconds of this game were truly inspiring to watch. The goal line stand will be remembered for a long time by this die hard Mean Green fan.

I think the turning point in the game where the NT sideline really could smell a win was with Hill’s interception.

My 8 year old son was easily the rowdiest Mean Green fan in attendance and I think the team could here him out on the field.

Game lasted 4 hours though..Geez!

No chippy play but the WKU PA announcer would wait until NT had the ball under center and then yell…

….”THIIIRD DOOOWN THUUUUUNDER…

into a 50,000 watt PA system.

WKU is easily the most annoying college football venue as they make up for lack of crowd noise with PA system noise that will just blow your mind. Never heard anything like this and I have attended a lot of football games.

Edited by GreenEggs&Ham™

Very exciting game to watch and the last 21 seconds of this game were truly inspiring to watch. The goal line stand will be remembered for a long time by this die hard Mean Green fan.

I think the turning point in the game where the NT sideline really could smell a win was with Hill’s interception.

My 8 year old son was easily the rowdiest Mean Green fan in attendance and I think the team could here him out on the field.

No chippy play but the WKU PA announcer would wait until NT had the ball under center and then yell…

WKU is easily the most annoying college football venue as they make up for lack of crowd noise with PA system noise that will just blow your mind. Never heard anything like this and I have attended a lot of football games.

I was there too and wow, what a game. I brought my 11 year old with me. I think there were about 40 of us fans there, mostly family I would guess. You ain't kiddin about that PA guy. That had to be the most annoying thing I've heard at any football game ever! Dodge stayed outside the locker room after the game and personally congratulated every player and coach as they were walking in. I know he was relieved and elated to get that first win. That had to be the most exciting game I've seen in some time. I hope this is the turning point for this team. :)

I wondered if you were there. That had to be an exciting game to see in person, especially the ending if you're a MG fan. George and Hank also mentioned the lame PA announcer and you could easily hear him in the background of the broadcast.

Good god man...

All your comments about the PA announcer are on target. I am watching the replay on Channel 21 right now & that guy is PITIFUL!! It is like hearing Humble Billy Hayes on steroids. Humble is brutal on the ears but he sounds like Bob Shepard compared to this ass-clown. :blink:

If I was a Western Kentucky fan, I don't think I'd be able to take it for more than one game. Yeesh.

Decent,....18K plus in attendance. Was the home field crowd a factor? Were they loud? I'd love to have been there!!!!

A lot of WKU's homecoming crowd left after the homecoming queen was crowned. The crowd was a bit of a factor at times but never loud. But the PA announcer really took over this game at times IMHO. I think the high watt system made it similar to 35~40K screaming fans at times even though most WKU fans were sitting on their hands.

Does anyone know the NCAA rules on PA announcing. It sems unfair and unsportsmanlike to yell . THIIIIIIRD DOOOOOOWN THUUUUUUUUNDER !! after your opponent's center has the ball in his hands. I have WKU season tickets and they do this to every opponent.

Edited by GreenEggs&Ham™