The unOfficial "McCain Sucks/Obama Sucks" Super Thread

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for my free government cheese! :D

Hell, I'm gonna go out and spend the kid's college savings on a new Mustang and have it customized with the true intake hood and all because they sure don't need it now..........College tuition for EVERY CHILD is ALL FREE!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Yes, just like all those Irish Ameircans in Boston are from Ireland.

Good God, get a grip Brian.

My point is that why cant we all just be AMERICANS? Hell, I dont demand I be called a European American.

If you arent born or have a mother or father from Africa, then you arent an African American.

If you dont have a mother or father from Asia, then you are not Asian American.

If you dont have a mother or father that was born in Mexico, then you arent Mexican American, etc

Come on Courtland, you are more level headed that that.

Hell, I'm gonna go out and spend the kid's college savings on a new Mustang and have it customized with the true intake hood and all because they sure don't need it now..........College tuition for EVERY CHILD is ALL FREE!

Rick

I take that back, I'm gonna save it and buy all of us that suite in the new stadium. Who's with me?

Rick

I take that back, I'm gonna save it and buy all of us that suite in the new stadium. Who's with me?

Rick

Maybe you can use your new tax cut for that purchase.

BTW, you're nothing like those firemen in the Nextel commercials. If my kitty gets stuck in a tree I hope it poops on you. Good day.

Maybe you can use your new tax cut for that purchase.

BTW, you're nothing like those firemen in the Nextel commercials. If my kitty gets stuck in a tree I hope it poops on you. Good day.

How would you know whether I am or not, you've never come up to me at the games and introduce yourself as far as I know. Shoot, I may be your favorite hero?

But soomehow I could picture you with a kitty.

Rick

College tuition for EVERY CHILD is ALL FREE!

Rick

I know you're being facetious, and my response isn't at all knowingly related to this election, but why should free education stop at high school? I paid $500 a year for college fees. Now I'm paying $7,000. A 1300% increase over 18 years doesn't bode well for your kids or mine.

but why should free education stop at high school?

Well for some, it is free. It's called a scholarship and they aren't passed out to everyone, they are usually EARNED. But hey, if it's the general kids who didn't earn a ship your talking about then I'm all for it as long as your willing to be Patriotic and pay your fair share in order to fund it too. You get with the chosen one and figure out a way to fund it along with every other promise he made and it's a deal. Maybe he won't pocket that other $300,000,000 that he didn't use on campaign ads and give us a head start?

Rick

Well for some, it is free. It's called a scholarship and they aren't passed out to everyone, they are usually EARNED. But hey, if it's the general kids who didn't earn a ship your talking about then I'm all for it as long as your willing to be Patriotic and pay your fair share in order to fund it too. You get with the chosen one and figure out a way to fund it along with every other promise he made and it's a deal. Maybe he won't pocket that other $300,000,000 that he didn't use on campaign ads and give us a head start?

Rick

I don't see college becoming free anytime soon.. It sounds like a bunch of you guys have turned into pretty little drama queens..

How would you know whether I am or not, you've never come up to me at the games and introduce yourself as far as I know. Shoot, I may be your favorite hero?

But soomehow I could picture you with a kitty.

Rick

Touche

*Sigh*

It's sad when on the public football board you read about how every school has passed us by and how we need progressive leadership a sense of solidarity, and improvement on many fronts, but over here where few tread those same folks say how someone calling for our nation to grow and progress, band together, and improve our nation's way of life is a sack of crap. Harvey, is that you?

I mean, not hours after this historic occasion and a speech meant to inspire and help you realize that this country can be better than it is (even if it's the best already), the attacks and trolling begin again. Continuing to have a closed mind will, in the end, get you left behind while the rest of us journey into the future.

My point is that why cant we all just be AMERICANS? Hell, I dont demand I be called a European American.

If you arent born or have a mother or father from Africa, then you arent an African American.

If you dont have a mother or father from Asia, then you are not Asian American.

If you dont have a mother or father that was born in Mexico, then you arent Mexican American, etc

Come on Courtland, you are more level headed that that.

Dude....his father WAS from Africa.

Besides, alot of folks refer to themselves as "whatever" American. That's why I used the Irish American example. Plenty of people in the New England corridor wear their Irish heritage on their sleeves.

Edited by CMJ

*Sigh*

It's sad when on the public football board you read about how every school has passed us by and how we need progressive leadership a sense of solidarity, and improvement on many fronts, but over here where few tread those same folks say how someone calling for our nation to grow and progress, band together, and improve our nation's way of life is a sack of crap. Harvey, is that you?

I mean, not hours after this historic occasion and a speech meant to inspire and help you realize that this country can be better than it is (even if it's the best already), the attacks and trolling begin again. Continuing to have a closed mind will, in the end, get you left behind while the rest of us journey into the future.

Sorry, I don't and will never agree with his policy's. And if we simply wanted to make history I would have preferred someone who seems to have a bit of respect for what our nation stands for like Col. Powell, J.C. Watts, Condi Rice or Alex Keys. Obama's promising to put this country into the toilet and now with the help of congrees he may just do it. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry. I and 53 million other American's do. He wants to build this economy from the bottom up. That does not work, never will. Hey, when inflation and interest rates and unemployment start to rise along with the opening of more and more Abortion cilnics in the poorest of districts across this nation, and after he does what he's promised to do in downsizing and cutting our miliatary, weakening our stance as a world power before our enemies and we get caught with our pants down trying to catch back up due to some crisis, you keep telling yourself about that sense of solidarity and feel good qualities.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Dude....his father WAS from Africa.

Besides, alot of folks refer to themselves as "whatever" American. That's why I used the Irish American example. Plenty of people in the New England corridor wear their Irish heritage on their sleeves.

If thats the case, then I cede the point. I still wish that we could all just be AMERICANS

Sorry, I don't and will never agree with his policy's. And if we simply wanted to make history I would have preferred someone who seems to have a bit of respect for what our nation stands for like Col. Powell, J.C. Watts, Condi Rice or Alex Keys. Obama's promising to put this country into the toilet and now with the help of congrees he may just do it. If you can't see that, then I'm sorry. I and 43 million other American's do. He wants to build this economy from the bottom up. That does not work, never will. Hey, when inflation and interest rates and unemployment start to rise along with the opening of more and more Abortion cilnics in the poorest of districts across this nation, and after he does what he's promised to do in downsizing and cutting our miliatary, weakening our stance as a world power before our enemies and we get caught with our pants down trying to catch back up due to some crisis, you keep telling yourself about that sense of solidarity and feel good qualities.

Rick

Im all for the best candidate, no matter the race. I do not trust this guy, and Im expecting the worst. He wants to take money from people who have earned it and give it to people who have not, regardless if they are financially struggling due to their own incompetence, or because of other factors. To me that is theft, this country is based on the idea that hard work will lead to success. By furthering welfare, you are lowering the expectations of those you want to give hope to. I am a 30 year old college graduate without a job. I have been looking for work for 2 months, and I have just enough money for one month's rent. I would not expect someone to just give me money, nor would I demand it. Giving money to someone or a cause out of goodwill for your common man is charity. Being forced to is theft.

He wants to bring back the fairness doctrine. He wants to require talk radio to give equal time to the opposition. This is geared at limiting conservative talk radio. I gaurantee he does not feel the same way about air america radio, or the largely left television media. So, do we get to see CSPAN giving equal time to the right now? This is an infringment on the 1st Amendment rights.

He wants to downsize our military and wants to have some sort of "civilian defense force." Umm, thats a militia. Even the Texas State Guard requires an oath.

His people have already been on record saying he wants to secure a truce with the terrorists. I have not heard this come out of his mouth, but it nevertheless frightens me. There is NO negotiating with those people. They will not rest until we are all dead. The Russian truce with Hitler backfired on the Russians. IF a truce with extremists WAS reached, it would only give them time to regroup and unleash a more lethal and extensive attacks on America. I dont want to risk this.

*Sighs* God help us.

If thats the case, then I cede the point.

From his wikipedia page.

Barack Obama was born at the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu, Hawaii,[3] to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya, and Ann Dunham, a white American from Wichita, Kansas.[4] His parents met in 1960 while attending the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where his father was a foreign student.[5][6] The couple married February 2, 1961;[7] they separated when Obama was two years old and subsequently divorced in 1964.[8] Obama's father returned to Kenya and saw his son only once more before dying in an automobile accident in 1982.[9]

Satisfied? :P

Satisfied? :P

This country just elected someone that could potentially destroy the very fiber of this country. I wont be satisfied till he is gone.

Nevertheless, yes, I cede the point in his case. I still hope we can reach a point where we are all simply Americans.

This country just elected someone that could potentially destroy the very fiber of this country. I wont be satisfied till he is gone.

Nevertheless, yes, I cede the point in his case. I still hope we can reach a point where we are all simply Americans.

Yes, he'll destroy the fiber of the country. Remind me...what president ever has?

None.

I love how the far left and far right goes batshit insane every 2 years(especially every four). The ship of state is steady as she goes. One side will always gnash their teeth, but in the end it's never quite as bad as the loyal opposition makes it out to be.

On this I condemn both sides equally.

Edited by CMJ

I said he POTENTIALLY could. I never said he would, alhough I fear he will be far detrimental to this country than many think. If you look at what he stands for, the policies he endorses, what he believes; I think it all COULD add up to some very negative things.

Yes, I am a staunch conservative. but I am far from being "far right" I see both sides of the arguments on most issues. It just so happens that 99 times out of 100, conservatism aligns with my beliefs. I would not go so far to asy I would never vote for a Democrat, although I would never vote for a far leaning liberal. Yes, i believe there is a difference. I ask you as a friend and a gentleman to not lump me in the "far right" or "far left" category.

Rick

I'll reiterate two things.

1) I speak of this independently from politics or the candidates.

2) Your argument of people in support of the idea having to step and and pay it is fine. I paid school taxes before I had a child. I'll pay school taxes after she graduates. I believe education benefits more than the student who receives it.

As for the scholarship argument, I'd like to see what percentage of any given student body is getting their education paid for in full with scholarships. I've gotten a couple. Five hundred bucks here, a thousand bucks there. They help, but they sure as heck wouldn't fund my education if I didn't have other means to pay for it.

Be clear I'm not looking at this for myself. I'm fully willing and able to take on the financial burden of my second education. However, I have a lot of friends from the first time who never made it through because in spite of being bright enough to get the grades, they never were able to scrape the cash together. I guess in your world, they should have been football players.

Bottom line, if it went to funding college education in the same way it goes to fund public schools from K-12, I would indeed be willing to pay an increase on my property taxes. Hell, I'd even support an income tax on it just to make sure that everybody has to kick in.

I will reiterate a third time, although I'm sure I will inevitable get connect to him anyway, my arguments are not made in connection with Barack Obama, the chosen one, or any other other title one wishes to assign to the president elect. I honestly never heard either candidate speak of it. I simply believe that education is a public good on par with fire service and police forces that it worth funding.