Texas Or Tech?

NT80

Someone has to lose this game, so I think it will be Tech. I don't think they have the personnel to go toe-to-toe with Texas on the O-Line and D-Line for more than a couple of quarters. I look for Tech to keep it close for a half, then choke. Texas 42 (going away), Tech 24.

The worst of the worst fans have to be Colorado. My wife and I vowed to never step foot on that campus again after attending a football game there back in 2002.

Though, if Western Kentucky's fans are anything like their football team from last year, I may have to move them up the list.

While absolutely NO fan of Leach, I do like his fast paced game...UNFORTUNATELY the guy (who may be a real nice guy off the field) is a COMPLETE JERK on the field. And my guess is that if you only had ONE BEER with Leach you either got there late or left early! He is a disgrace to sport! Say wahat you want about "winning margin and the BCS", the guy is absolutel "no class" from the word GO on a football field. So, now do you want me to tell you what I really think of Leach as a coach? I am, in no way, speaking of him in a personal manner off the field...I have no clue...just his on-field persona...

I am hoping UT hand a hundred on 'em!!!!!! But, in reality this could be a close and great game to watch...not a UT fan, but here I say....GO HORNS...kick the snot out of that blowhard Leach!!!!!

UT- More than Tech

Tech - Less than Texas

...I have no clue...

You got one thing right in your rant ;) (had to swing at the softball)!

Game is 60 minutes long. Leach's philosophy is to play all 60 minutes, whether you are losing close, losing bad, winning close, or winning bad. I don't think the man ever even looks at the clock, to be honest (look at last week before halftime of the KU game...calling plays like they had 5 minutes left rather than 20 seconds left).

But his teams have come back from more huge deficits than any other team I have ever seen. They were down by over 24 points IN THE FOURTH QUARTER against A&M one year and came back to win. Came back to win down by over 30 in the 3rd quarter against Minnesota. Came back to win down by nearly 20 to Virginia. Down 21-0 to TCU and UTEP both in the past few years and came back to win.

I think that mentality he has to play to the end is what gives his teams the mindset to come back from huge deficits. Spurrier was no different. A lot of people hate Spurrier and hate Leach, but I think if you're going to preach a mindset of playing to the end no matter what, then you have to do it 100% of the time, winning or losing, in order for the team to buy into it. Reps build confidence. Confidence wins games.

Edited by Tramp96

You got one thing right in your rant.

Not to slow your unapologetic fellating of Mike Leach, but I'd like to point out to you that Texas has also had all its fair share of come-from-behind victories over the past few years (in far more relevant games), including being down 21 points in the 4th qtr to Ok State on the road, 28 points to the pokes the year before, 12 points in the 4th qtr to USC (the greatest team in the history of forever) for a national title, as well as a 21 point comeback against your uber-man-crush Raiders in 2006.

You can bet your ass Leach knows how much time is on the clock. Leach plays like there is 5 minutes left when there are 20 seconds left because he runs up the score. Look no further than his calling a timeout with 24 seconds left to score another TD against A&M... this season.

You can bet your ass Leach knows how much time is on the clock. Leach plays like there is 5 minutes left when there are 20 seconds left because he runs up the score. Look no further than his calling a timeout with 24 seconds left to score another TD against A&M... this season.

He didn't call a timeout to stop the clock to score another TD. Did you even watch the game? He challenged the call on the field that his RB didn't score. The kid ran hard all game, but didn't have any TD's to his credit (the other RB that he competes with had 2 in the game). He ran hard on that play and it appeared the ball might have crossed the goalline. So since it looks like it might have, Leach challenged the call in case his RB might have scored. Since the two RB's are competing with each other, I thought it was a great thing for Leach to do...and I would have done the same thing.

The next play he called to have the ball given back to that same RB...the QB kept it. Leach even said so in the post-game press conference that the only reason he ran that last play was to try and get his RB the TD that he thought he deserved.

Yeah...that's a horrible coach alright. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tramp96

ONLY TTech fans fail to see how unprofessional Leach is...but then again, he's their guy! Look, like I said I enjoy watching TT play...it's fun to watch...and they have a very good team this season...they have even learned how to play a little defense with that offense "machine". I just think they could do it all with a bit of class! Even Leach has to know that what he is doing at every opportunity is simply unprofessional and in VERY poor taste! The guys a BUM on the field. Off the field I don't know about that.

Tramp96...you have to be an Obama guy the way you took my "partial" comment out of context. Maybe you can share "tramp" with Coach Leach! What you think? :lol:

Kram...I put a winky face after it...the winky face out-clause absolves me of poor form.

I think the Obama crack was below the belt, though. ;)

Honestly, if I'm a coach and one of my players appeared to score a TD and didn't get the credit for it, I'm throwing the red flag. Not because I want to run up the score, but because I want a kid who's busting his tail year round for the program to get credit for a TD if he scored the TD.

He put his player first. I can't disrespect that. And besides...it was the aggies. Don't think for a second they're above running up the score against UT or Tech. The past is evident of that.

He put his player first. I can't disrespect that. And besides...it was the aggies. Don't think for a second they're above running up the score against UT or Tech. The past is evident of that.

You honestly think that his QB aborted the play, kept the keeper that wasn't being defended and jumped into the stands because he wanted to credit his spare running back?

He was trying to cover an 11 point win against a shitty team and the fact that his starting QB was in proves that. Keep drinking that Leach juice though - it's going to look good at another college soon.

ONLY TTech fans fail to see how unprofessional Leach is...but then again, he's their guy! Look, like I said I enjoy watching TT play...it's fun to watch...and they have a very good team this season...they have even learned how to play a little defense with that offense "machine". I just think they could do it all with a bit of class! Even Leach has to know that what he is doing at every opportunity is simply unprofessional and in VERY poor taste! The guys a BUM on the field. Off the field I don't know about that.

Tramp96...you have to be an Obama guy the way you took my "partial" comment out of context. Maybe you can share "tramp" with Coach Leach! What you think? :lol:

Mike Leach is society's greatest humanitarian.

All year long, you've been telling us about how losing and losing big makes potential success so much sweeter.

Stop for a moment and consider that when Leach goes out of his way to score an unnecessary last minute touchdown, he's just trying to make the opponent's fans appreciate their next win that much more! He's sacrificing his public reputation to help out his less fortunate fellow men and women.

Bum? You're out of your mind. He's a damn HERO. Unless you've been blasting insane sunshine up everyone's ass all year long, Mike Leach is the model all coaches should aspire to.