More Info On Unt Drug Test Results

Brett Vito

No only at North Texas. No AD would have allowed this blunder of bad publicity that was worth his weight.

You're right.

No problems like this at:

UT (Ramonce Taylor, Ricky Williams, Tarrell Brown, Cedric Benson, etc...)

or

OU (Bomar, Switzer years, etc...)

or

SMU (drug lab found on campus)

or

You're right.

No problems like this at:

UT (Ramonce Taylor, Ricky Williams, Tarrell Brown, Cedric Benson, etc...)

or

OU (Bomar, Switzer years, etc...)

or

SMU (drug lab found on campus)

or

Those were self inflicted. This on the other hand was a thoughtless blunder that hurts UNT and its program. I believe their is a difference. No way RV knew that it would go public. If he did, Dr. B should fire his ass.

Those were self inflicted. This on the other hand was a thoughtless blunder that hurts UNT and its program. I believe their is a difference. No way RV knew that it would go public. If he did, Dr. B should fire his ass.

Huh?

How was UT any different. Their players made poor decisions, just as our's did. They got caught, got in trouble and the media picked up on it.

Sure, TD and RV messed up by not keeping it internal, but a PR person worth their salt could have TD and/or RV come out and make NT's response to this a positive.

Huh?

How was UT any different. Their players made poor decisions, just as our's did. They got caught, got in trouble and the media picked up on it.

Sure, TD and RV messed up by not keeping it internal, but a PR person worth their salt could have TD and/or RV come out and make NT's response to this a positive.

UT's guys were public because of criminal arrests.

Ours are public because of school administered tests that are FOIA-able.

I understand that, but I do applaud Dodge for having them all take the test to find out the depth of the problem. Sure, this became available for public knowledge when it was administered by NT, but how the situation is handled, how TD and RV respond will ultimately determine the true outcome.

Then again, this is just more ammunition for coaches recruiting against NT.

My original post was in response to nautique's response to this post:

I would almost bet that if ANY team tested all their players we would find simular results. Heck, we might even find them at those places of purity, TCU, SMU, BYU, Baylor and N.D.
to which nautique replied:

No only at North Texas. No AD would have allowed this blunder of bad publicity that was worth his weight.

That is what I was replying to.

His comment about how it was handled took the conversation in another direction, and I still think how RV and TD choose to address this will determine a lot. There will be a segment of the population that will be critical no matter what, but some could applaud NT for being forth right, not hiding from the issue and taking steps to rectify the problem.

Edited by UNTLifer

I would almost bet that if ANY team tested all their players we would find simular results. Heck, we might even find them at those places of purity, TCU, SMU, BYU, Baylor and N.D.

I know you probably did not mean it, but I think it is interesting that a lot of people think drug use is only among the "lower class" and "hippies". I would not be surprised if it were not more prevalent in these programs that you mention.

I know you probably did not mean it, but I think it is interesting that a lot of people think drug use is only among the "lower class" and "hippies". I would not be surprised if it were not more prevalent in these programs that you mention.

My comment had nothing to do with "lower class" or Hippies". Notice all those schools are church supported.

I was trying to infer that drug use is rampant at all schools and all levels. It aint just us and if those schools think so they are idiots.

don't the rich folk snort their coke with $100 bills and hold their pinky in the air?

Edited by GreenMachine