Post Game Show

GoMeanGreen1999

It's funny how Dodge is now doing the same things Dickey did, and everybody jumped on - admitting they couldn't win games and, therefore, didn't try (KSU), openly complaining about the stadium situation, not doing interviews. Pathetic.

Meanwhile, U-LaLa tried against K-State and came within 8. FIU went on the road and beat a MAC team. What are we doing? Getting obliterated by Rice. I have to keep saying that to myself...by Rice.

OU scored 79 on us last year because Dodge wouldn't quit throwing the ball down 63-3 or whatever it was. OU's defense scored a TD and safety in the fourth quarter -yes, OU's third team defense. Last night, Rice was up 63-20 and Dodge was still calling for pass plays rather than just take his lumps and go home. Result? Two interception returns for TDs, another loss where the opponent scored in the 70s (third time now in Dodge's measly 16 game tenure), and Rice...yes, Rice...doing all they could to not run up the score in the 4th.

The classless Dodge lets Daniel Meager stand on the sideline all game long, even during the blowout. I wish Meager had transferred to a I-AA where he could have maybe played some in his final year.

The honeymoon should have been over for Dodge long ago. It should be painfully obvious by now, even to the most kool-aid-infested true believer, that the man has no idea what he is doing at this level of football. None whatsoever.

In 16 games, he's got one whole win over a full I-A/FBS team, and another against a provisional, Western Kentucky - and that one was a nail-biter, one point win.

In Year Two, the offense has actually regressed, the defense is just as bad, and the special team are atrocious.

Make any excuse you want, but the bottom line is Todd Dodge had no idea about what it takes to coach at the major college football level. He's lost; and, as usual, we're screwed.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

It's funny how Dodge is now doing the same things Dickey did, and everybody jumped on - admitting they couldn't win games and, therefore, didn't try (KSU), openly complaining about the stadium situation, not doing interviews. Pathetic.

Meanwhile, U-LaLa tried against K-State and came within 8. FIU went on the road and beat a MAC team. What are we doing? Getting obliterated by Rice. I have to keep saying that to myself...by Rice.

OU scored 79 on us last year because Dodge wouldn't quit throwing the ball down 63-3 or whatever it was. OU's defense scored a TD and safety in the fourth quarter -yes, OU's third team defense. Last night, Rice was up 63-20 and Dodge was still calling for pass plays rather than just take his lumps and go home. Result? Two interception returns for TDs, another loss where the opponent scored in the 70s (third time now in Dodge's measly 16 game tenure), and Rice...yes, Rice...doing all they could to not run up the score in the 4th.

The classless Dodge lets Daniel Meager stand on the sideline all game long, even during the blowout. I wish Meager had transferred to a I-AA where he could have maybe played some in his final year.

The honeymoon should have been over for Dodge long ago. It should be painfully obvious by now, even to the most kool-aid-infested true believer, that the man has no idea what he is doing at this level of football. None whatsoever.

In 16 games, he's got one whole win over a full I-A/FBS team, and another against a provisional, Western Kentucky - and that one was a nail-biter, one point win.

In Year Two, the offense has actually regressed, the defense is just as bad, and the special team are atrocious.

Make any excuse you want, but the bottom line is Todd Dodge had no idea about what it takes to coach at the major college football level. He's lost; and, as usual, we're screwed.

Here's a fun stat for everyone...

I don't think it's unfair to say that the pride of the Sun Belt when it comes to OOC games is Troy. "Why can't we win 'em like Troy does?" How many times did we hear that question during Dickey's last two years?

Against BCS opponents, Dickey finished his tenure with a record of 2-23. One win at home (I believe it was the only BCS team to play us at Fouts in his entire tenure), one win on the road against Tech. Five of those BCS losses came before Dickey had the chance to bring a single recruit of his own to campus.

That's not very good. I only wish he could have been more like BCS slayer Larry Blakeney at Troy. Since Troy went to D-1A in 2001 (years after Blakeney arrived, meaning that he had his own players, his own system and coaches in place, etc. when this tally starts), Troy has a total record vs. BCS opponents of... 3-24. Two of those wins came at home, only one (against Mississippi State) came on the road.

When it comes to taking on the BCS big boys, our coach was one home game behind the man everyone perceives as the greatest giant killer in the Sun Belt.

Fun times.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

I don't think it's unfair to say that the pride of the Sun Belt when it comes to OOC games is Troy. "Why can't we win 'em like Troy does?" How many times did we hear that question during Dickey's last two years?

Against BCS opponents, Dickey finished his tenure with a record of 2-23. One win at home (I believe it was the only BCS team to play us at Fouts in his entire tenure), one win on the road against Tech. Five of those BCS losses came before Dickey had the chance to bring a single recruit of his own to campus.

That's not very good. I only wish he could have been more like BCS slayer Larry Blakeney at Troy. Since Troy went to D-1A in 2001 (years after Blakeney arrived, meaning that he had his own players, his own system and coaches in place, etc. when this tally starts), Troy has a total record vs. BCS opponents of... 3-24. Two of those wins came at home, only one (against Mississippi State) came on the road.

When it comes to taking on the BCS big boys, our coach was one home game behind the man everyone perceives as the greatest giant killer in the Sun Belt.

Fun times.

/facepalm

Fun times.

Said it then, I'll say it now. Closer to statue than pink slip. I heart you.

Said it then, I'll say it now. Closer to statue than pink slip. I heart you.

I heart you, too. I wish you were more active lately, though I can certainly understand why you might be keeping a respectable distance.

I will also repeat for anyone who hasn't already heard me say this 4000 times: I'm not saying Dickey shouldn't have been fired. All I'm saying is that a lot of the criticism he's had to suffer though was and is pretty unwarranted. Not all of it, mind you. But at least this piece.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

Im guessing it was a big shoulder shrug. Which is pretty much what the second half was for all of us who stayed til the final bell to take pictures with the scoreboard. I mean, if Im going to attend the worst display of college football in this decade, might as well have something to remember it/prove I was there.

Also got a picture with a sweet-ass Delorean parked outside the stadium. Double bonus.