This Is Not Riley U !

saysojoe

Moving Vizza into a slot WR spot in a designed play just leaves me speechless...are u kidding me ??? Ur playing 10 on 11 at that point. The DEFENSE doesn't even have to cover him , and if he happens to catch a pass , he's not going anywhere. If he got hurt Dodge would never hear the end of it.

Moving Vizza into a slot WR spot in a designed play just leaves me speechless...are u kidding me ??? Ur playing 10 on 11 at that point. The DEFENSE doesn't even have to cover him , and if he happens to catch a pass , he's not going anywhere. If he got hurt Dodge would never hear the end of it.

It worked for Houston Nutt today, moving Jevan Snead into the slot.

It's not an either/or situation--to my knowledge, Riley has not lined up as an outside receiver.
YOU are missing what is going on here. They had time to make the right play call>>>>> They called "THE RILEY OPTION" instead of looking for the right match up!!!! BRO I"m a big fan >>>>> but this makes me sick!!!!!!

Yeah, no need to jump on Riley. The guy is a very talented and versatile rookie whom I expect to contribute in a big way down the road. Now, I would like to jump on whoever the hell decided to put our star Senior WR back receiving punts tonight. Not only do I not want him hurt, but it looked like an act of special teams desperation which did not work worth a S**T!! Put someone back there who knows how to catch a stinking punt and stick with him!!!! Our special teams are the least special that I have ever seen.

I wish I were joking, but I think we should let EVERY punt received drop untouched, and EVERY kick off received should simply be covered up or downed in the endzone. Also, EVERY one of our punts should be kicked straight out of bounds, and every kick off (they rarely happen) should be squibbed short and generally toward the sideline. If we had done that tonight, we would probably have only lost by something like 60-20. Sadly, I am very serious! We have high school special teams playing D1 football.

PLEASE stop the special plays for RILEY DODGE !!!!! Please have a game plan next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Against Tulsa i think the special play worked. Since you brought this up, Vizza is not fast enough to run this offense. Riley Dodge is. Look at Missouri, Daniels creates problems for defenses because he can run anytime and makes big plays. The second line of defense doesn't even worry about Vizza. No threat!!!!!!

Rice's Clement was a threat he ran for 2 or 3 TD's. Just give Riley some time, when we are getting blown out. Lets just see.

I'm not against Riley. I want him to succeed. Im against the special plays for him. We have other options.

Yes I agreee he should be the QB now. He runs alot better than VIZZA and that is how Dodge ball is supposed to work . A DUAL THREAT QB running the O. Vizza can throw but doest not like to run the ball and that hurts the O.

Yes I had a few cold ones during the game and yes I did answer my own post.

I do not know where all the arrows came from mayby to many Bud light limes.

I will be there THis weekend GO MEAN GREEN !!!

went to the game as well, and I have to agree with all of you that thinks this offense isn't all that special. You have to have a fast qb to make it work. the fake handoff doesn't work if they have no fear of the qb hurting them with his feet. there were plenty of chances for him to run on pass plays but he didn't take off like clement did.

Did I imagine it, but I feel like Vizza did run a lot last season. Has that been curtailed by the coaches or is the opportunity just not there?

Vizza did run the ball with a marion barber type mentality.... I was even impressed with him as a leader not shying away from contact. Obviously it didn't help, but early in that Tulsa game he just flat ran over their safety early in that game. maybe not the way you want your qb to run the ball. but it was one of the few bright spots in that game, and that can generate momentum...

however... Riley does bring a different dimension to qb

I do think speed at QB will help tremendously with this offense. If you spread out the field and can hit passes, once the pocket breaks down, a fast qb should be able to make a spy linebacker or safety miss.... and if you have to dedicate a spy, that is one fewer backer to cover shallow crossing routes by slot recievers and backs...

I know this is a different world in terms of team talent, but Troy smith and Vince Young were elusive/flat out fast. There is nothing more demoralizing than covering all wr's and getting pressure on a qb for a crucial 3rd or 4th and long and the qb scrambles for the 1st to continue a drive...

I'm not ready to give up on Vizza yet... but Riley is just quicker and faster than Vizza. Riley's speed was key to why he was sooooo very successful in high school in that system. He won't be that much faster, if at all, to lb's and safeties in d1, but Riley will force different pursuit angles and they won't be able to close him as quickly as Vizza. I guess another example is Chase Daniel. Very good athlete in addition to an accurate passer. He sometimes continues drives by himself. The talk was that Riley is a better athlete than Daniel. Don't know if that is true, but I am more interested than ever to see how this offense would change with a faster, more athletic qb.

Vizza did run the ball with a marion barber type mentality.... I was even impressed with him as a leader not shying away from contact. Obviously it didn't help, but early in that Tulsa game he just flat ran over their safety early in that game. maybe not the way you want your qb to run the ball. but it was one of the few bright spots in that game, and that can generate momentum...

however... Riley does bring a different dimension to qb

I do think speed at QB will help tremendously with this offense. If you spread out the field and can hit passes, once the pocket breaks down, a fast qb should be able to make a spy linebacker or safety miss.... and if you have to dedicate a spy, that is one fewer backer to cover shallow crossing routes by slot recievers and backs...

I know this is a different world in terms of team talent, but Troy smith and Vince Young were elusive/flat out fast. There is nothing more demoralizing than covering all wr's and getting pressure on a qb for a crucial 3rd or 4th and long and the qb scrambles for the 1st to continue a drive...

I'm not ready to give up on Vizza yet... but Riley is just quicker and faster than Vizza. Riley's speed was key to why he was sooooo very successful in high school in that system. He won't be that much faster, if at all, to lb's and safeties in d1, but Riley will force different pursuit angles and they won't be able to close him as quickly as Vizza. I guess another example is Chase Daniel. Very good athlete in addition to an accurate passer. He sometimes continues drives by himself. The talk was that Riley is a better athlete than Daniel. Don't know if that is true, but I am more interested than ever to see how this offense would change with a faster, more athletic qb.

Watching Vizza on TV yesterday he looked slower on runs and dropbacks that I ever remember seeing him. His setups on passes look too mechanical, too many prancy small steps to get set to throw. Clements on the other hand made quick throws and was a darting runner when he took off, just another gear that Vizza doesn't appear to have, but needs in this offense.

Edited by NT80

Watching Vizza on TV yesterday he looked slower on runs and dropbacks that I ever remember seeing him. His setups on passes look too mechanical, too many prancy small steps to get set to throw. Clements on the other hand made quick throws and was a darting runner when he took off, just another gear that Vizza doesn't appear to have, but needs in this offense.

This is where a lack of college experience comes into play, IMO. These QB's run all over people at the High School level where most teams MAYBE had 1-2 FBS caliber players. Now that these guys are at the top college level, speed is everywhere. If you're offensive game is built on speed, as many here suggest, you need a freakin' legitimate dual threat QB to run the damn thing. Quit recruting dual threat QB's and converting them to Safety or WR.

:angry:

Edited by Got5onIt

Clements is also older, more experienced, and has had more time in training than Vizza. Seeing as how they came from the same school, I would say that explains why Clement is a better QB at this point.

Though honestly, Vizza looked fairly composed for most of the plays and he delivered balls pretty well until the score became out of hand.

Riley to start against FIU. His speed will win games. Zone read option will now be the play of choice.

Riley will be the difference maker and will completely turn the team around in all facets of the game, especially on defense and special teams.

Lets start the campaign now.

Edited by Dodge2007

Riley to start against FIU. His speed will win games. Zone read option will now be the play of choice.

Riley will be the difference maker and will completely turn the team around in all facets of the game, especially on defense and special teams.

Lets start the campaign now.

You're nuts. Riley will get killed in the pocket.

Did I imagine it, but I feel like Vizza did run a lot last season. Has that been curtailed by the coaches or is the opportunity just not there?

I had the same thought also.

I thought he could have made a 1st down on that 4th and 5 by running it but instead froze-up and got sacked.

It just seems like he’s hesitating when it’s decision time to pass or run.