Speaking Of Stadiums....

trud1966

You have to keep in mind that a lot of people wanted to keep it around for historical significance.

Though they won't make much in profit, the cash they'll pull in from the games that ARE played there over the years will eventually pay for most, if not all, of the renovations. Plus, they can still use it for concerts and such.

You have to keep in mind that a lot of people wanted to keep it around for historical significance.

Though they won't make much in profit, the cash they'll pull in from the games that ARE played there over the years will eventually pay for most, if not all, of the renovations. Plus, they can still use it for concerts and such.

What future games?

My fearless predictions:

UT/OU will move to Jerry World

The Cotton Bowl game will eventually be played in Jerry World. The Cotton Bowl committee wants this game as part of the BcS package and knowing how bad weather can be in Dallas on New Year's Day, playing at Jerry World with the roof closed and all the revenue potential is just too enticing to pass up.

Grambling/Texas Southern, or whoever plays in the other game during the State Fair, will continue to draw fans but one game a year won't pull in the needed revenue. I wouldn't put it past JJ to go after this game also.

Concerts? Not going to happen when the Starplex/Smirnoff/Whatever it is now called ampitheater is located at the fair grounds.

These renovations are reactionary, typical of Dallas politics, and will prove to be a waste of the public's money.

What future games?

My fearless predictions:

UT/OU will move to Jerry World

The Cotton Bowl game will eventually be played in Jerry World. The Cotton Bowl committee wants this game as part of the BcS package and knowing how bad weather can be in Dallas on New Year's Day, playing at Jerry World with the roof closed and all the revenue potential is just too enticing to pass up.

Grambling/Texas Southern, or whoever plays in the other game during the State Fair, will continue to draw fans but one game a year won't pull in the needed revenue. I wouldn't put it past JJ to go after this game also.

Concerts? Not going to happen when the Starplex/Smirnoff/Whatever it is now called ampitheater is located at the fair grounds.

These renovations are reactionary, typical of Dallas politics, and will prove to be a waste of the public's money.

Well the Cotton Bowl has already officially moved to Jerry world. I dont remember what year they will play in it but I think its in the first or second year of its opening. Over time UT/OU game will move...its not a matter of if, its more about when. But yes basically the cotton bowl will be good for nothing except for maybe the occassional high school games here and there. Dallas politics just ruined the opportunity to bring the Cowboys home.

At least with Texas-OU at the Boss Hogg Bowl, Texans will no longer be forced to endure Okies throwing up on Big Tex's boots after getting sh*tfaced on 4% beer.

True, only now they'll be puking on Yosemite Sam's boots in Six Flags.

I hate to see this happen to the Cotton Bowl as I really like that old stadium. Again, typical Dallas politics.

Guest GrayEagleOne

The renovations are good news - I want the Cotton Bowl to look nice when the Mean Green gets their bowl invite in a few years :D

Sorry. Jerry's World already has that one too. I believe that it moves in 2010.

I'm guessing that the renovations were part of the agreement to keep UT/OU at the Cotton Bowl for a few more years.