After Reviewing Game Film,

gangrene

It seems that besides Nwigwe, we cannot tackle in a 1-on-1 situation. It's a tough thing to do, but we must get better at it.

I agree that our zone coverage needs some serious work.

I don't know what you saw, but I saw our safeties making 1-on-1 tackles all night, if not for them it would have been 90-26

I don't know what you saw, but I saw our safeties making 1-on-1 tackles all night, if not for them it would have been 90-26

Alrighty then, let me amend my statement and say besides Nwigwe and the safeties, 1-on-1 tackling is a problem. I know I saw a TON of missed 1-on-1 tackles. Wish I could actually "review the game film" as the thread title says, haha...

Everything on defense boils down to the lack of a pash rush. A good pash rush has made an all-conference defensive back out of many bums.

For once, I must agree with you, MG Insurance Pro. I was there from midway through the first quarter, and one thing that I was distinctly noticing was the lack of any defensive lineman in David Johnson's face. I said it elsewhere here tonight, if we're holding any lineman back to "save his shirt", we need to forget that, and play them if they can improve our game.

Edited by eulessismore

For once, I must agree with you, MG Insurance Pro. I was there from midway through the first quarter, and one thing that I was distinctly noticing was the lack of any defensive lineman in David Johnson's face. I said it elsewhere here tonight, if we're holding any lineman back to "save his shirt", we need to forget that, and play them if they can improve our game.

We lost probably our best DT from last year to graduation, and lost 2 star DEs to academic issues. Unfortunately, we do not have nearly the depth to compensate. I think DeLoach has a much barer cupboard to work with on the DL than we had last year.

Agreed. I love your positive outlook and agree with your observation. I swear, most people on this board only know how to complain ,very few mention the positives

and don't realize the growing pains associated with a growing program we are bound to see from time to time until we hit our stride, oh and when we do hit our stride, what shall you bitch about next?

I want to compliment the few on this board that post (POSITIVE) observations and honest critiques about our team and refrain from blasting our coaches and players.

Peace out!

disclaimer: If you people bitching are actually donating money and supporting our team I'll give you A LITTLE slack, but if you're bitching and not giving :angry:

Nwigwe had 13 tackles including 10 unassited...together with LB Craig Robertson had a combined 22 tackles.

It seemed Nwigwe either made every tackle or was at the spot the tackle was made on almost every play. I was also impressed to see him run down a WR from behind. (Impressed in the sense that he had that kind of speed to go with his size.) Better watch out for The Night Train.