Dodge To Rely On Small Tackles

MCMLXXX

What does it mean when your smallest offensive lineman is starting? It means thus far he is the best at his position and one tough player. By the way it is not unusual for teams to have smaller quick defensive ends much like NT, it may not be as much a size mismatch as many think against a lot of teams. KSU has one defensive end over 260lb listed on their roster.

Players who play offensive tackle make the big bucks in the NFL for a reason. You have to have size and great feet.

UNT OL play still scares me if we can't run the ball effectively. My friend's buddy, on the OL, says Lefty will have them ready and will play more OL than last season early on to see who will stick in conference play. Problem with JUCO players is that you really never know what your going to get. These JUCO OL should have been in top physical condition prior to practice starting.

JUCO's are not brought in for depth. They are brought in to fill immediate voids, imo.

Statistically what you say is pretty on-target, but remember...anybody can do almost anything with motivation. Hence, the importance of coaching. Wasn't Galbreath a JUCO transfer? People can overcome anything if they work hard, believe, and have support. So let's support our boys and hope for the best team this school has ever seen! Hell, considering most of the predictions on this board, 4 wins would be a surprise. So it's not like there's a huge hurdle to overcome as far as expectations go...

There's a big misconception with offensive line size in this kind of offense. Anyone care to guess who had the biggest offensive line in the nation last year? It wasn't a running team.

It was Texas Tech.

While we may not need them pancaking, we do need them to give the QB time to make his checks.

I'm a tad bit concerned.

I hope I'm wrong........

True, but TTech's OL set up with huge gaps to help spread the field. Correct me if I am wrong, but Dodge's offense does not utilize that wide of splits between the linemen.

True, but TTech's OL set up with huge gaps to help spread the field. Correct me if I am wrong, but Dodge's offense does not utilize that wide of splits between the linemen.

As far as I can tell, Dodge's line doesn't use splits anywhere near as big as the TTech line. But I think some people see, "pass happy spread offense" and assume your line has to be "quick and nimble." TTech's line sort of debunks that myth.

Lets not forget the Denver Bronco offensive line that has made guys like Mike Anderson, Selvin Young and Tatum Bell all look like Eric Dickerson. Scheme and intelligence play a huge role on the O-Line...not just recruiting the biggest possible player.

Lets not forget the Denver Bronco offensive line that has made guys like Mike Anderson, Selvin Young and Tatum Bell all look like Eric Dickerson. Scheme and intelligence play a huge role on the O-Line...not just recruiting the biggest possible player.

yeah, in that gimmicky "3 yards and a cloud of dust" running scheme....I think we have tried that experiment...