Army-navy Coming To Jerry World?

UNTflyer

Representatives from both the Cotton Bowl and the Cowboys expressed preliminary interest Tuesday in bidding to host the Army-Navy football game.

Naval Academy athletic director Chet Gladchuk told the academy's Board of Visitors on July 8 that a bidding process among cities for future Army-Navy games would begin within weeks, according to a story at NavyTimes.com. The published report also stated that the academy is open to corporate sponsorship of the game.

State Fair of Texas president Errol McKoy said that he plans to look into the possibility of bringing the annual game to the renovated Cotton Bowl stadium in Fair Park.

"I definitely think we'd be interested," McKoy said. "We will get in contact with them. I'll go ahead and make a call."

The Cowboys might also be interested in hosting at their new stadium in Arlington.

"Army-Navy is certainly the marquee-type event that we are interested in bringing to our stadium," said Cowboys Director of Corporate Communications Brett Daniels, "but we would need to learn more about the schools' requirements for hosting the game."

The Army-Navy football game has primarily been played in Philadelphia during the tradition-rich series' 118-year history.

Gladchuk told NavyTimes.com that "15, 16, 17 cities will put their oar in the water and actually bid for the game. It could be San Diego; it could be Seattle; it could be the Meadowlands [in East Rutherford, N.J.]. Baltimore has shown interest. It could be Philadelphia or Dallas."

One possible major hang-up in attracting the game is a city must agree to pay for transporting the entire Naval Academy and West Point student bodies to the game each year, which could total upwards of $4 million.

For God's sakes, keep it in Philadelphia.

Why? It's not like the game isn't played in other locations. While it's most frequently played in Philly, last years game was in Baltimore. The game has also been played at West Point, Annapolis, New York City, The Meadowlands, and the Rose Bowl in Pasadena CA

ARMY-NAVY is the reason I love college sports so much! What a geat game...I so want to go to Philly to see that game in person. Had tickets set last year, but ended up not being able to go. I even joined the Navy "Blue-Gold" club ijn oreder to get on the possible ticket list...I guess I'll have to renew just to stay in line!

It will be a GREAT game no matter where it is played, but the tradition of Philly is pretty nice!

In this case...GO NAVY!!!!!!