City Of Denton Mistakenly Kills An Innocent Animal

these people are only looking for a quick buck. They should have shored up their dog so it would not have escaped and then picked it up within the 4 days. They can complain about money all they want but the animal shelter is not a doggie hotel. I am upset the pooch was put to sleep but the residents are also at fauly because they can not afford to truly own the dog.

will be another taxpayer wasted lawsuit.

“I’m not going to just let them get away with an apology,” he said. “They can’t bring my dog back, so the only thing they can do is give me money.”

Mayor Pro Tem Pete Kamp, a leading City Council voice on animal issues, described the responsible worker as “one of our best employees.”

“She’s devastated,” Kamp said. “It was very much an unfortunate mistake.”

Snider said he’s looking for justice in the case.

“I want that officer fired,” he said. “I don’t give a damn how devastated they are.”

Wow. What kind of society am I in?

Edited by greenminer

these people are only looking for a quick buck. They should have shored up their dog so it would not have escaped and then picked it up within the 4 days. They can complain about money all they want but the animal shelter is not a doggie hotel. I am upset the pooch was put to sleep but the residents are also at fauly because they can not afford to truly own the dog.

will be another taxpayer wasted lawsuit.

I thought they went to pick the dog up on the second day it was in there?

Ok wish there was more information in the article, such as when was the dog picked-up? If the dog was there more than 4 days then the city attorney should tell this people to go suck it and the animal shelter is not a dog kennel. They complain about not having money and make it known they only want money that should be a tell tell sign.

Ok wish there was more information in the article, such as when was the dog picked-up? If the dog was there more than 4 days then the city attorney should tell this people to go suck it and the animal shelter is not a dog kennel. They complain about not having money and make it known they only want money that should be a tell tell sign.

What was reported on the radio this morning (I have not read the article), was that the police chief went to talk to the family and explain to them that they accidently killed the dog before the 4 days was up.

What was reported on the radio this morning (I have not read the article), was that the police chief went to talk to the family and explain to them that they accidently killed the dog before the 4 days was up.

if they killed the dog before 4 days then that is pretty bad, but still not worth these people bilking the city for money to supplement their MEAGER income.

if they killed the dog before 4 days then that is pretty bad, but still not worth these people bilking the city for money to supplement their MEAGER income.

Well I agree they don't need 200,000 dollars for the incident, but it is a sad case. A family that was making up their short comings with a part time job raising and selling registered dogs - I would only assume that the dog got out mistakenly due to the fact that they had to have had their yard protected against that sort of thing - they go to pick up the dog on the second day because on the first they didn't have the money, and they find out that the city mistakenly killed the wrong dog, which just happened to be part of the main source of their part time income job they do on the side. This is how it was reported on the radio - I have to hand it to them for doing whatever it takes to make their ends meet - but I do believe this 200k is way too much.

Well I agree they don't need 200,000 dollars for the incident, but it is a sad case. A family that was making up their short comings with a part time job raising and selling registered dogs - I would only assume that the dog got out mistakenly due to the fact that they had to have had their yard protected against that sort of thing - they go to pick up the dog on the second day because on the first they didn't have the money, and they find out that the city mistakenly killed the wrong dog, which just happened to be part of the main source of their part time income job they do on the side. This is how it was reported on the radio - I have to hand it to them for doing whatever it takes to make their ends meet - but I do believe this 200k is way too much.

maybe the City will also fine them for not having a business license?

Why was the dog picked up? Sounds like the owners did not have their $200,000 dog secured in the back yard. It is not the cities problem that the illegal breeders of dogs are too stupid to keep their dogs secured. Denton need to file charges against these people for opperating a dog breeding business without a license and need to have the ASPCE check into the conditions that the dogs were being bred in. I am sorry the dog was put down, but this is just stupid.

Why was the dog picked up? Sounds like the owners did not have their $200,000 dog secured in the back yard.

...and the Bat gets to the REAL Crux of the story! Game Over.

Keep control of your animal and this wouldn't have happened. Say it with me... "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!" Good!

...and the Bat gets to the REAL Crux of the story! Game Over.

Keep control of your animal and this wouldn't have happened. Say it with me... "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY!!" Good!

What the &*^% is that??

I mean really why can't the g*v***m**t take care of us constantly. <_<

Guest JohnDenver

hillaryclinton.jpg

She'd be happy to. Just elect her. :)

You have got to be kidding me. :(:o

I don't understand why you can't keep politics out of everything you post...