Time For The Elimination Of The Pit Bull

LOL!!

Yeah, my wife's maltese has breath that smells like a "period" soaked maxi pad. An absolute awful smell.

Now I have my appetite back, Hummm "period" soaked maxi pad!!!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Interesting story in the Startlegram today concerning the growing increase in KNIFE violence in London. How ironic though that it mentions a Pit Bull being used in the violent death of the one student.

http://www.star-telegram.com/279/story/766459.html

Stabbing deaths surge among London’s youths

By DAVID STRINGERThe Associated Press

LONDON — School had just ended and Kodjo Yenga was walking home along a tree-lined London street when a gang of angry youths blocked his path.

One held a snarling pit bull terrier that strained against its leash. Chants of "Kill him!" erupted from the mob.

The teenagers, some still in their school uniforms, seized Yenga and one stabbed him in the heart. Witnesses heard the attackers laugh as he lay dying in his girlfriend’s arms.

His death, while shocking, was not a rare event: Britain is reeling from a spate of knife attacks including 12 stabbing deaths in a single week — six involving the slaying of youths.

Few people have ready explanations for the trend, but parents and lawmakers alike fear that an epidemic of violence among Britain’s youth is putting all generations at risk.

"Too many people, young and old, do not feel safe in the streets, and sometimes even in their homes," Prime Minister Gordon Brown said this week, pledging tougher sentences for those carrying knives.

In a country where guns are scarce and account for only 11 percent of homicides, knives are used in around two-thirds of killings and, according to lawmakers, increasing numbers of young people carry them.

Nationwide statistics for knife crimes among youths are not available.

But in London, the number of teenage slayings, which held steady at under 20 per year between 2000 and 2006, rose to 26 last year and stands at 19 for the first seven months of 2008.

Most of them are stabbing deaths.

Chris Preddie, a 21-year-old former gang member whose brother was shot dead in a drug-related feud, said fear is driving children to seek weapons.

"It is about being afraid . . . and wanting to protect themselves," Preddie said.

Legislators have pledged 100 million pounds ($198 million) to respond, promising to strip problem families of social housing, allow teachers more freedom to search kids for weapons, and urge municipal leaders to impose teen curfews in trouble spots.

One recent knife slaying struck a particularly strong chord.

Ben Kinsella, 16, the brother of a television soap actress, was fatally stabbed in London on June 29 after he apparently attempted to intervene in a fight among other youths.

Yenga, weeks before he was stabbed last year, had appeared in an MTV documentary on knife crime, and said he was growing worried about an increasingly violent atmosphere in London.

Jailing five teens in the killing, Judge Christopher Moss said Yenga’s death was probably the result of a minor feud.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Unfortunately, there will always be folks around who defend the pit bull as a great family pet....just like there will always be people around who deny the holocaust (is that how you spell it?), think if you ban all guns that crime will go away, think...... O.K., you get the drift. With some people they clearly cannot see the facts or truth if you served it to them on a silver plate. About all that can be done is to license and fine and perhaps jail the owners of such animals after a tragedy happens...and by then, some innocent chuld or adult has been hurt badly. But, then the owner will claim that the pit bull was alyways very gentle...just don't know what happened...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... :angry:

Unfortunately, there will always be folks around who defend the pit bull as a great family pet....just like there will always be people around who deny the holocaust (is that how you spell it?), think if you ban all guns that crime will go away, think...... O.K., you get the drift. With some people they clearly cannot see the facts or truth if you served it to them on a silver plate. About all that can be done is to license and fine and perhaps jail the owners of such animals after a tragedy happens...and by then, some innocent chuld or adult has been hurt badly. But, then the owner will claim that the pit bull was alyways very gentle...just don't know what happened...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... :angry:

so you're saying you're opposed to people having Pit Bulls as pets?

I'm not in the mood to get back into the heart of this discussion because I'm pretty sure everything that could possibly be said already has, but.........I would support the elimination of Pit Bulls at the Denton City Dog Park. I was out there earlier this week when a man came strolling up with two gnarly looking pits, one slightly limping and both walking in the submissive manner that suggests abuse. It didn't take long for my Aussie and I to make a bee line for the exit.

I'm not in the mood to get back into the heart of this discussion because I'm pretty sure everything that could possibly be said already has, but.........I would support the elimination of Pit Bulls at the Denton City Dog Park. I was out there earlier this week when a man came strolling up with two gnarly looking pits, one slightly limping and both walking in the submissive manner that suggests abuse. It didn't take long for my Aussie and I to make a bee line for the exit.

maybe you should get your dog on the Mike Vick training regimen? Might help.

dog01.jpg

Statan Island man fights for his life. July 13th, '08

Even at the age of 90, Henry Piotrowski loved playing bingo and eating pizza.

Now the Staten Island man, who was savagely attacked by pit bulls two weeks ago, floats in and out of consciousness as he fights for his life at Staten Island University Hospital, according to family members.

"They were eating him alive," said Elaine Sutton, Piotrowski's 66-year-old niece. "It's not easy to picture."

She said her uncle lost his lower left leg and has a broken right leg. His left arm was nearly chewed off by the powerful dogs.

Doctors are still not sure whether that arm can be saved.

...........The attack, followed by the mauling of a 3-year-old Brooklyn boy, has renewed calls for a pit bull ban in the city.

Oh well? Ho hum! More of the same.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too well-versed in dogs, but from what I've seen, Chows are evil but mixed breeds wth Chow blood are really sweet.

Maybe Pitts could be the same...and, with proper legislation, if they ARE like that...there could be a breeding probationary period requirement in order to get rid of the problems that we've all seen.

I agree that breeding these dogs is a problem...hell, how many times have there been attacks from dogs that were supposedly docile for years?!...but I still feel weird about the idea of putting them all to sleep tomorrow. It's not their fault that people are weird and want them as pets...

It is down right criminal that the mainstream media chooses to ignore this story.

JayDub...thank you for your courage.

I don't know, I was thinking it's downright criminal to be 17 and tied up to a bed and forced to have sex with such a hottie like this, then complaining about it?

article-1042456-0230946E00000578-897_233

article-1042456-0230A73800000578-196_468

Damnit!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After last night, me and 40 Million other viewers now have a growing, respectful admiration about a certain Hockey Mom. I now want one myself, but since I can't go out and get one of those, I decided to drive over to the alley behind a local Wal Mart and buy a Pit Bull instead! With that, I nearly want to take back everything in this thread I have ever said about Pit Bulls, lipstick or no lipstick! :D

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

After last night, me and 40 Million other viewers now have a growing, respectful admiration about a certain Hockey Mom. I now want one myself, but since I can't go out and get one of those, I decided to drive over to the alley behind a local Wal Mart and buy a Pit Bull instead! With that, I take back everything in this thread I have ever said about Pit Bulls, lipstick or no lipstick! :D

Rick

Shoot! You addressed it before I had a chance to question you about it! :D