Catching Up With Aaron Weathers

LAZER

Catching up with Aaron Weathers

After a few days of trying, I finally got in touch with someone who could confirm that former UNT safety Aaron Weathers is going to have a chance to show what he can do for the Miami Dolphins.

It just so happened to be Weathers, who I caught on his cell phone today.

Weathers confirmed that he was invited to the Dolphins rookie mini camp that begins on Thursday and runs through Sunday.

"I'm very excited about it," Weathers said. "The Dolphins had shown interest in me before the draft and the [Kansas City] Chiefs called me after the draft. We looked at the rosters of both teams and also considered that the Chiefs didn't call until later. Patrick [Cobbs] is also still with the Dolphins, so I decided to go there. I think I have a chance to make the team. I just have to play well and work hard."

Weathers posted 64 tackles and blocked three kicks as a senior. He led the Mean Green with 78 tackles as a junior.

Weathers said he hasn’t had a chance to talk with Cobbs yet, but will likely catch up with the former UNT running back in the next few days. Weathers will be trying to follow the same path into the NFL as Cobbs, who went to training camp with the New England Patriots as an undrafted free agent and made a big enough impression in the preseason for the Pittsburgh Steelers to trade a draft pick for him. The Steelers later released Cobbs, who ended up on Miami’s practice squad before being promoted to the active roster.

Wide receiver Brandon Jackson signed with the San Diego Chargers while defensive end Jeremiah Chapman will have a tryout with the Minnesota Vikings. Post your thoughts on the blog. Who do you think has the best chance of making a team of this year’s crop of UNT players?

Trud, the reason I did not post this article is because the admins asked us not to.........Vito's blog get "hits" and when people do not have to go to the DRC to read it receives fewer hits and it looks bad for Vito.

Trud, the reason I did not post this article is because the admins asked us not to.........Vito's blog get "hits" and when people do not have to go to the DRC to read it receives fewer hits and it looks bad for Vito.

I always click the link and let it load then I close it and read it here. Its just much easier to read on the forum.