Jones Vs. Dodge

MCMLXXX

I talked to a friend of mine who is an SMU letterman today. He said he played in the letterman golf tournament that preceeded the scrimmage and met with all the coaches. He likes Jones, but still has a lot of concerns about how successful he will be in recruiting. He said he thinks "Dodge will make a better impression in the living room of a recruit". Another friend, also an SMU letterman has told me he is excited about Jones but would have preferred to have hired Dodge. I have always believed that TD was a steal for what he is paid and I am glad we hired him before any other local opening became available.

I talked to a friend of mine who is an SMU letterman today. He said he played in the letterman golf tournament that preceeded the scrimmage and met with all the coaches. He likes Jones, but still has a lot of concerns about how successful he will be in recruiting. He said he thinks "Dodge will make a better impression in the living room of a recruit". Another friend, also an SMU letterman has told me he is excited about Jones but would have preferred to have hired Dodge. I have always believed that TD was a steal for what he is paid and I am glad we hired him before any other local opening became available.

Well, in light of all of the grotesque coaches salaries out there, I suppose that TD is a steal. From what I can remember about his HS salary, he's still making about twice as much money as our coach. When he finally proves himself (in the eyes of the big time programs) as a D-1 coach, then we will be hard pressed to keep him around. Unless of course, the (hoped for) success that he has here, will cause some of our monied alums to finally come forward to contribute to the program in a big time manner.

June Jones is over hyped.. I wish people would stop talking about him on here, he is not even in Todd Dodge's league.. talk about him when he wins something legit..

Not in Dodge's league? Are you serious? I love Dodge but that comment is absurd. Didn't he just get his team to a BCS game?

The entire time I read your thread I thought you were talking about Johnny Jones, not June Jones, I actually forgot about him.

That shows you how intersted I am in SMU athletics.... Ponies Down???? B)

Exactly, the only JJ in my lexicon is Johnny Jones. June = Summer Season Jones

Guest 97and03

NT could probably only beat 2 teams in the WAC - NMState and Idaho, if that. Not to mention having a Heisman candidate. Though I love TD I understand Eppy's post.

Once again, cram hole. Oh wait. Last year, yes you might be right...

This year? Hmmmm. Well we shall see. But I just vomited in the back of my mouth and it tasted like green kool-aid...

PS. Yes I know one could interpret my comments to Dumparoo as personal attacks...but seriously does anyone give a shit poop?

Please advise if I have crossed any lines here. XXOO

Edited by 97and03

97and03, your comments towards daddy dumps do come accross as personal attacks. Very rarely do you provide us with anything worth reading, so I don't see how you can attack anyone else on this board.

By the way, I have an 8 year old son who sees his dad looking at this site all the time and will occasionally do the same (when he's not on legos new site). So, please refrain from the language.

Guest 97and03

97and03, your comments towards daddy dumps do come accross as personal attacks. Very rarely do you provide us with anything worth reading, so I don't see how you can attack anyone else on this board.

By the way, I have an 8 year old son who sees his dad looking at this site all the time and will occasionally do the same (when he's not on legos new site). So, please refrain from the language.

Now that is funny.

I fixed it for you. :)

Edited by 97and03

Bring on the Junior Mean Green Club forum.

Uncle Quoner is happy to hand out candy!