More Of....the Problem

Again, with me, it's the constant stuff I find on UNT's website that pisses me off.

http://www.unt.edu/identity/history.htm

Scroll down to "Traditions", Read the bold text just under it.

Traditions

Aumni Appreciation Day. For more than 30 years, the university ...

Well, disregard my rant, or take a look at the site quickly. I told a friend and he quickly sent them an email and told the to correct this.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 97and03

Well, disregard my rant, or take a look at the site quickly. I told a friend and he quickly sent them an email and told the to correct this.

As did I.

I can relate. Quality control issue are annoying.

Guest GrayEagleOne

UNT is a fine education that will serve a person well. With that being said, the University has a ways to go before it can take "value" out of it's advertising lexicon.

How about we focus on increasing the size of the University Endowment. How about we manage to get on the pages of US News college rankings report. (maybe we can pull ourselves up from 4th tier) Lets continue to build academic and athletic programs that we can be proud of as alumni. The kind that achieve true national recognition not the small victories that we so often have to embrace. As we do this everything else (pride, donations, attendance) will all fall into place.

I do think we are on the right path. I like the rest of you wish we were progressing at a faster pace.

We are focused on increasing the endowment but we've still a long row to hoe. At the end of last year we ranked 380th out of the 785 colleges and universities that have endowments. Last year we increased our endowment by 34.9%, which was one of the largest percentages of increase in the country. Even if we could do it again and all of the other universities stayed the same, we would still be in the 300s.

It's doubtful that we will rise from the 4th tier since that seems to be a big factor in where an institution is placed. The other major factor keeping us down is the percent of alumni that give back to the college. If we could raise that percentage to approximately those of the other 3rd tier universities then I feel sure that our academics are more than adequate.

Exactly. Nobody is picking UNT over A&M to save $100 a semester.

That's right on. It's more than just a money thing. It's a prestige thing.

I saw the Channel 11 story last night about the war protest on campus, the video capturing a student protestor wearing... a Longhorn shirt.

Coincidence?

We'll see that for awhile until UNT gets to be an upper-tier school in the minds of the public. Until we get to the point where slews of kids go to UNT because their family did, we'll see that. Until then, do your thing, support your school.

I thought this information might cheer some of you up.

This is posted in the Feb. 13th minutes of the Faculty Senate, concerning a report Dr. Bataille gave at that meeting which summarized her budget presentation to the Board of Regents earlier:

"Dr. Bataille emphasized to the Regents that the strategic plan cannot be reached without additional

dollars and that UNT needs to be concerned with providing a high quality product rather

than being a 'best buy'."

I thought this information might cheer some of you up.

This is posted in the Feb. 13th minutes of the Faculty Senate, concerning a report Dr. Bataille gave at that meeting which summarized her budget presentation to the Board of Regents earlier:

"Dr. Bataille emphasized to the Regents that the strategic plan cannot be reached without additional

dollars and that UNT needs to be concerned with providing a high quality product rather

Thank you 3XNTGRAD!!!!!....Now....Can we please admit that the administration may understand a little more about running a top tiered university than what we may give them credit for??????

Edited by GreenExes

What does the strategic plan say about a new stadium?

I truly believe all UNT's problems (and world peace) would be solved with a new 40,000 seat football stadium, an indoor practice facility, baseball, and a new athletic conference. :rolleyes:

What does the strategic plan say about a new stadium?

I truly believe all UNT's problems (and world peace) would be solved with a new 40,000 seat football stadium, an indoor practice facility, baseball, and a new athletic conference. :rolleyes:

And that's all? No problem! :thumbsup:

"Dr. Bataille emphasized to the Regents that the strategic plan cannot be reached without additional dollars and that UNT needs to be concerned with providing a high quality product rather than being a 'best buy'."

It's all part of the plan...

Thank you 3XNTGRAD!!!!!....Now....Can we please admit that the administration may understand a little more about running a top tiered university than what we may give them credit for??????

By administration do you mean the WHOLE administration? I see that Dr. B is like that but I am not sure about the whole administration as a whole.

Guest 97and03

By administration do you mean the WHOLE administration? I see that Dr. B is like that but I am not sure about the whole administration as a whole.

I doubt Dr B reads this board.

Well you have to keep in mind that since she started at UNT there has been massive turnover in upper administration. So much of the higher levels at UNT are now "her people" so to speak. I don't know if that means they are all on the athletics/stadium bandwagon, but it does mean that a good deal of the old guard has cleared out.

Guest 97and03

That is a tongue in cheek comment. I have no way of knowing who reads this board besides FirefightnRick.

Any chance that 70% of the posters on GMG are actually Rick?

FirefightnRick "Rabble, rabble, rabble!"

Notrick04: "I agree with Rick. I am not Rick, but I agree with him because he rules"

Alsonotrick: "Notrick is right! Rick is also awesome!"

Seriouslythisisnotrick: "I have to throw in my .02. Rick makes alot of sense. I would not know Rick from any other guy on the street because I am not Rick, but he seems like a great guy."

neverheardofrick: "Good point Rick. Your rabble about UNT is crystal clear to me!"

whoisthisrickguyanyway: "I can't believe how Rick gets right to the heart of the matter. Well said!"

Edited by 97and03

Any chance that 70% of the posters on GMG are actually Rick?

FirefightnRick "Rabble, rabble, rabble!"

Notrick04: "I agree with Rick. I am not Rick, but I agree with him because he rules"

Alsonotrick: "Notrick is right! Rick is also awesome!"

Seriouslythisisnotrick: "I have to throw in my .02. Rick makes alot of sense. I would not know Rick from any other guy on the street because I am not Rick, but he seems like a great guy."

neverheardofrick: "Good point Rick. Your rabble about UNT is crystal clear to me!"

whoisthisrickguyanyway: "I can't believe how Rick gets right to the heart of the matter. Well said!"

Rick: The world is flat and the sky is green.

Anothernotrick: Genius! Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for your wisdom.