Positive Article On Offense/defense In Spring Training Drc

OldTimer

Does anyone know if the scrimage going to be open to the public? We all know about last years "closed" events. :ph34r:

Guest GrayEagleOne

The article mentions that the six wide receivers recruited in the first class need to step up. Dibrell already has in a big way. So has Lewis, and Breece Johnson appeared enough to lose his redshirt last year. King and Roberson are mentioned in the article, so that only leaves Evan Walker. By Coach Dodge repeating that six receivers need to contribute leads me to believe that Walker is still on the team. I believe that it was Nautique that reported that Walker (and Korey Washington) weren't there but could be reinstated? later. Does that mean that Walker and Washington have left the team or merely that they are not participating in spring drills?

There are several topics this article I found interesting, besides the competition

with the redshirts and exisiting players.

As per Coach Dodge:

"Put the offense in earlier". With only 5 practices, the team must remember more than expected.

Maybe there will be some new wrinkles this year that was not taught last year.

"Take a longer look at the variety of ways opponents played the Mean Green", and "Focus

on what the opponent is doing". This tells me, there will be new approaches to each game for

the 2008 season, and the ability to break down more of the opponents game plan.

"Starting to adapt Defensively" and "Gary brings tremendous LEADERSHIP and EXPERIENCE"

Man, are these words of encouragement or what? Even with the defensive players NT has

for 2008, the defense will be vastly improved. I am not expecting miracles, but if anyone

can improve the Mean Green defense, DeLoach is the guy to do it.