Scholarship Question

Guest JohnDenver

Guest JohnDenver

So, Texas has a program that University employee kids' get free tuition, right?

So could (T)Dodge use that privilege and have Riley be a non-scholarship player, freeing up a spot for someone else (i.e. preferred walk-on)?

Just checking..

Great question...do they get a 100% free ride????? That's pretty interesting. I wonder if it applies to all state u's...since UNT is not part of the U of T system. I do think UNT faculty and staff get a break on the tuition for their kids, but not 100% certain...can someone who knows clue us all in?

But, would that work for scholarship athletes such as Riley? If tuition is free, can't see where it would matter for an athlete or a non-athlete...someone in the know...clue us in...thanks.

Great question.....

Guest JohnDenver

Employees' children do not get free tuition. Riley Dodge will be receiving a football scholarship to play for North Texas.

I had always heard this to be true... can't find it written down.

Please, don't waste words trying to sound polite. You may have saved 5 seconds of your life. <_<

Guest JohnDenver

Tuition is required by the state and cannot be waived. In this case, a scholarship can pay for it, but someone has to pay the tuition.

UNT has a program that waives/reduces certain FEES for employees and their families, but everyone has to pay tuition.

Aha.. That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation..