Assuming The Deloach Deal Is Done

greenminer

Deloach knows what he is doing..plain and simple. I do find it a bit ironic that Todd Dodge is not comfotable with the blitz, but anyone who watched UCLA play USC or Oregon this year saw the Deloach players attack like wild men! Oregon had a pretty good offensive line, and the UCLA defense was really getting pressure. I think the proof is in results. The NT defense was great when he coached here, and the UCLA defense played better when he got there.

No more wasted time. get Deloach back here! I hope the announcement comes soon.

GMG!!!

Deloach knows what he is doing..plain and simple. I do find it a bit ironic that Todd Dodge is not comfotable with the blitz, but anyone who watched UCLA play USC or Oregon this year saw the Deloach players attack like wild men! Oregon had a pretty good offensive line, and the UCLA defense was really getting pressure. I think the proof is in results. The NT defense was great when he coached here, and the UCLA defense played better when he got there.

No more wasted time. get Deloach back here! I hope the announcement comes soon.

GMG!!!

If your secondary is solid the blitz has less chance of burning you. With the speed we seem to be adding this season in the secondary we should be good to go with the blitz.

I do find it a bit ironic that Todd Dodge is not comfotable with the blitz

Are you referring to the quote he made to the effect of, "Whenever you blitz, somebody's fight song is fixing to be played"? I don't believe he meant he was afraid to blitz, he was just stating a fact--if you blitz, you'd better wreak some havoc in the backfield, or you'll be in trouble.

Guest 97and03

If your secondary is solid the blitz has less chance of burning you. With the speed we seem to be adding this season in the secondary we should be good to go with the blitz.

Exactly what I was going to say. Agreed.

I don't know that anyone would be UNhappy about DeLoach's return. However, I think we had better keep our expectations in check.

That 2002 defense was stocked full of talent at EVERY position. They've got 2 players in the NFL now, (awasome and spencer) and at least 2 more went to camp or were looked at by scouts. (Kennedy, McGee, Buckles?)

There wasn't one player on the 2007 defense that could have started in 2002. Maybe Jeremiah Chapman, but Kennedy, Awasome, Daniels and McIver?.......that would be tough to replace anyone on that line. Hurd, Casey, Spencer? Jones, Buckles, McGee, Priestly? Talent, talent, talent.

DeLoach didn't recruit everyone on that defense, so I think it's safe to say the talent level has taken a nose dive compared to 2002, not just the coaching.

He'll improve the defense, no doubt. But if we expect 2002 in the next couple of seasons, we'll be sorely disappointed.

I don't know that anyone would be UNhappy about DeLoach's return. However, I think we had better keep our expectations in check.

That 2002 defense was stocked full of talent at EVERY position. They've got 2 players in the NFL now, (awasome and spencer) and at least 2 more went to camp or were looked at by scouts. (Kennedy, McGee, Buckles?)

There wasn't one player on the 2007 defense that could have started in 2002. Maybe Jeremiah Chapman, but Kennedy, Awasome, Daniels and McIver?.......that would be tough to replace anyone on that line. Hurd, Casey, Spencer? Jones, Buckles, McGee, Priestly? Talent, talent, talent.

DeLoach didn't recruit everyone on that defense, so I think it's safe to say the talent level has taken a nose dive compared to 2002, not just the coaching.

He'll improve the defense, no doubt. But if we expect 2002 in the next couple of seasons, we'll be sorely disappointed.

My expectations are somewhat low for him in the first year back. If he can get this team's performance up to top 90 I will be happy. But some good coaching along with the talent we have here, will probably accomplish that.

My expectations are somewhat low for him in the first year back. If he can get this team's performance up to top 90 I will be happy. But some good coaching along with the talent we have here, will probably accomplish that.

Getting Deloach back would be *huge* for this program. I wouldn't have any specific expectations for his first year regarding the rank of our defense, but I can guarantee that it would be noticeably better. Just having a slightly better defense last year results in a much different W/L record.

A Deloach defense after a couple of recruiting years could be very special.

I wonder what Mendoza made last year (salary) and just how much of an increase would be required to secure Deloach?

Guest GrayEagleOne

Not to put the pressure on DeLoach but Bliel took us from 97 to 64 in total defense and 101 to 79 in scoring defense and I think that DeLoach is the better defensive coach.

I'll try not to expect too much but I also won't be surprised if he doesn't finish in the 60s; hopefully, in both categories. He is inheriting some fine potential talent but they are short on experience, so who knows?

Guest GrayEagleOne

Not to put the pressure on DeLoach but Bliel took us from 97 to 64 in total defense and 101 to 79 in scoring defense and I think that DeLoach is the better defensive coach.

I'll try not to expect too much but I also won't be surprised if he doesn't finish in the 60s; hopefully, in both categories. He is inheriting some fine potential talent but they are short on experience, so who knows?

ZING!!!!!!