Ulm Game

UNTflyer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was Tristan Thompson tonight?? Were both him and Wooden inactive tonight due to injury??

The pick up of Dez Willingham has been great!! He has played a lot better than I had expected. It looks like our top 4 guards are going to be Bell, White, Dennis and Willingham. Big win tonight to get us in the win column in league play. Lets hope Wooden will be able to play later this week against A State, we will need him to help Q out inside.

Go Mean Green!!!!

Where was Tristan Thompson tonight?? Were both him and Wooden inactive tonight due to injury??

Tristan's minutes have been cut. I don't think due to injury. I recall JJ or an assist coach saying the Triston needed to work on defense.... You know you have good guard play when you can bench someone that shoots 40% or higher on 2's and 3's. Wooden, on the other hand, twisted his ankle against Troy. JJ said in the post-game radio interview that he could have suited up tonight if needed, and will most likely play against Ark State.

Tristan's minutes have been cut. I don't think due to injury. I recall JJ or an assist coach saying the Triston needed to work on defense.... You know you have good guard play when you can bench someone that shoots 40% or higher on 2's and 3's. Wooden, on the other hand, twisted his ankle against Troy. JJ said in the post-game radio interview that he could have suited up tonight if needed, and will most likely play against Ark State.

[/quot

Well it doesnt make sense that he didn't play if he wasn't hurt considering the walk ons got some pt at the end of the game..

I'm in the Pit now, 4 minutes before game time. Crowd's OK, not great, but way more students than I expected, a week before classes start.

One observation: The benches have been switched. Home is now in front of the students. What gives? Visitor complaints?

Mr. Bone has asked me to release the following statement:

"Green to the Bone wishes to clarify his recent assertion regarding a switching of the bench sides. While the statement about bench switching appeared to be true at the time it was made, and while bench switching had in fact taken place for the previous women's game, later developments immediately prior to the start of the men's game showed that in fact no switching took place for the men's game. Once he recognized the mistake by seeing ULM players actually sit down on the visitors' bench, which in fact proved to be adjacent to the student section, Mr. Bone attempted to correct the mistake with an additional online posting, but found that the battery of his computer ran out before he could execute the posting.

"Mr. Bone wishes to apologize to anyone who might have been hurt by this mistake. Upon the advice of his physicians and counselors, and in an attempt to put this episode behind him, Mr. Bone has agreed that he will immediately enter a 28-day rehabilitation program. Mr. Bone appreciates the expressions of support that he has received during this difficult time."

ULM's Tony Hooper is a slightly taller version of Josh White, but with an ugly rug (i.e. mohawk)... Hooper's got game with 25 points last night... and some SERIOUS elevation... his published height is 5'10" so you know he's shorter than that... last night they tried an ally-oop to Hooper and though he missed the ball, I swear his head was above the rim.... their was a gasp from the student section when they saw how high he jumped.... great athlete!

Was Tristan suited up for the game? (I was unable to attend)

ULM's Tony Hooper is a slightly taller version of Josh White, but with an ugly rug (i.e. mohawk)... Hooper's got game with 25 points last night... and some SERIOUS elevation... his published height is 5'10" so you know he's shorter than that... last night they tried an ally-oop to Hooper and though he missed the ball, I swear his head was above the rim.... their was a gasp from the student section when they saw how high he jumped.... great athlete!

Absolutely... Double O was the man for ULM.

The reason there was a decent student turnout tonight was that most of the Residence Hall Assistants were in attendance tonight. At least that is the way I understand it. I was there until halftime. I went home to watch the LSU game...

That's right. Anyone that's in a leadership position for the Residence Hall Association was required to be there last night. Sadly enough most of the people from my hall were complaining about it. Hopefully a fun time will get them all back, cuz RHA was 80% if not more of the student crowd last night.

That's right. Anyone that's in a leadership position for the Residence Hall Association was required to be there last night. Sadly enough most of the people from my hall were complaining about it.

Glad to see RHA getting their leaders involved. Too bad most of them were complaining about supporting their university. Maybe they shouldn't be in a leadership position.

Oh, and welcome to the board MG Matt.

Glad to see RHA getting their leaders involved. Too bad most of them were complaining about supporting their university. Maybe they shouldn't be in a leadership position.

Oh, and welcome to the board MG Matt.

Thanks UNTLifer. I did talk to the people today from my hall that were not excited last night and they enjoyed it and plan on going again!!!

I am not sure what the attitudes were from the other halls going into it, but they were rowdy enough that I would assume that even if they did not want to go, they ended up having fun...It sure does help that we have a good home basketball team, because when the university really advertises the games to the students, and they come see us win, they want to come back. I honestly believe you will see a lot of those people back to more games. RHA is having another night on the 17th of January with all of the students moved back in. Go Mean Green!!!