More On Adams

NTPhiKap99

After a few hours of trying, I got in touch with UNT's latest recruit, cornerback Adryan Adams.

The former Northeastern Oklahoma A&M standout will transfer to UNT at the semester break and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Adams named his relationship with the Mean Green's coaching staff as his main reason for picking UNT over an offer from Charleston Southern. Having a teammate from NEO in safety Kylee Hill already committed to UNT didn't hurt the Mean Green's cause either.

Adams (6-0, 185) could end up being a steal for UNT. He was an honorable mention All-Southwest Junior College Football Conference selection and was receiving interest from Texas A&M, Kansas State, Kansas, Missouri and Tulsa. With four Big 12 teams involved, it seems safe to assume that if Adams hadn't found a home at UNT, he might have ended up in the league had he waited until signing day for an offer.

Perhaps the most interesting comment Adams made was that UNT's coaches told him that they felt their defensive secondary was one of the weakest parts of their team last season. UNT has now landed seven defensive back recruits, including three junior college players. It's starting to look like UNT could have a defensive backfield made up mostly of 2008 recruits next season.

For more on Adams, be sure to see tomorrow's edition of the Denton Record-Chronicle.

After a few hours of trying, I got in touch with UNT's latest recruit, cornerback Adryan Adams.

The former Northeastern Oklahoma A&M standout will transfer to UNT at the semester break and will have two years of eligibility remaining. Adams named his relationship with the Mean Green's coaching staff as his main reason for picking UNT over an offer from Charleston Southern. Having a teammate from NEO in safety Kylee Hill already committed to UNT didn't hurt the Mean Green's cause either.

Adams (6-0, 185) could end up being a steal for UNT. He was an honorable mention All-Southwest Junior College Football Conference selection and was receiving interest from Texas A&M, Kansas State, Kansas, Missouri and Tulsa. With four Big 12 teams involved, it seems safe to assume that if Adams hadn't found a home at UNT, he might have ended up in the league had he waited until signing day for an offer.

Perhaps the most interesting comment Adams made was that UNT's coaches told him that they felt their defensive secondary was one of the weakest parts of their team last season. UNT has now landed seven defensive back recruits, including three junior college players. It's starting to look like UNT could have a defensive backfield made up mostly of 2008 recruits next season.

For more on Adams, be sure to see tomorrow's edition of the Denton Record-Chronicle.

Gee, I wonder if secondary would have been a "weakness" had the secondary coach been allowed to do his job. <_<

hey emmitt, you keep commenting on them not being able to do there jobs, but i haven't seen an explanantion on what it is you are talking about.

Can you please tell me so i can get off the edge of my seat.

thank you.

You know...their jobs....like being on the field making tackles.....not letting guys get behind them....taking the proper angles.... not blowing assignments....you know their jobs.

Am I wrong??? Isn't the whole point of the defensive line to knock that guy down and find the ball. The D line didn't look that bad this year but the backfield suffered. Wouldn't that indicate a problem with the formation. I still don't buy the talent argument because we couldn't stop the bottom of the sun belt either. We do not have the talent to beat OU, Ark, etc but we do have the talent to compete with ANY SBC team.

You know...their jobs....like being on the field making tackles.....not letting guys get behind them....taking the proper angles.... not blowing assignments....you know their jobs.

No, since you must be an ass, I'll explain. I mean their jobs like being allowed to coach up their players.

Whose idea was playing "touch" football during practice...thereby giving our DB's zero chance to practice tackling or hitting? Not Lacroix's.

Whose idea was it to play a 15 yards off the receiver style of defense? Uhh...you guessed it.

Whose idea was it to basically not coach the way that I have been told by numerous sources Lacroix would have liked to? Again.

So yeah...I'm just pulling this out of my butt. Or do you have some sort of pertinent information to prove me wrong H-Town?

Edited by emmitt01

No, since you must be an ass, I'll explain. I mean their jobs like being allowed to coach up their players.

Whose idea was playing "touch" football during practice...thereby giving our DB's zero chance to practice tackling or hitting? Not Lacroix's.

Whose idea was it to play a 15 yards off the receiver style of defense? Uhh...you guessed it.

Whose idea was it to basically not coach the way that I have been told by numerous sources Lacroix would have liked to? Again.

So yeah...I'm just pulling this out of my butt. Or do you have some sort of pertinent information to prove me wrong H-Town?

Not tackling during practice is common for alot of teams, it's not some new fangled idea. And even when they're not tackling there is still contact. It's not like everyone is out their in the red no contact jersey.

Yes we didn't bump the receivers at the line. We played off, why? Because our db's weren't big enough to bump them, or not fast enough to stay with them. You have to coach to your players capabilities.

Coach Lacroix is 3rd on the coaching ladder when it comes to db's. That is why he is an assistant. Not the head coach or defensive coordinator. He is position coach. Which means he does what those above him ask him to.

Not tackling during practice is common for alot of teams, it's not some new fangled idea. And even when they're not tackling there is still contact. It's not like everyone is out their in the red no contact jersey.

Yes we didn't bump the receivers at the line. We played off, why? Because our db's weren't big enough to bump them, or not fast enough to stay with them. You have to coach to your players capabilities.

Coach Lacroix is 3rd on the coaching ladder when it comes to db's. That is why he is an assistant. Not the head coach or defensive coordinator. He is position coach. Which means he does what those above him ask him to.

But see that's wrong...when i said touch i meant touch. zero hitting. And if the guy on top of the food chain is incapable AND unwilling to listen to input then I guess there's a bigger problem, no?

But see that's wrong...when i said touch i meant touch. zero hitting. And if the guy on top of the food chain is incapable AND unwilling to listen to input then I guess there's a bigger problem, no?

There is not tackling, but there is contact. As I stated earlier, this is the way alot of team practice. No tackling. I don't agree with it, but alot of teams do it. They tackle in spring, they tackle in fall before the season.

And I'm sure Dodge listened but felt his way was better, his choice, thus him being the HEAD COACH and not Lacroix. It's his choice. I'm sure when Lacroix went to him, Dodge in turn shut the door in his face because he was unwilling to listen. I'm sure he listened just chose not to follow Lacroix advice.

There are people on this board that know things they aren't allowed to reveal on a public message board, for obvious reasons. Also, Dude, the man on top is not the issue here. The OTHER coaches. The men ignored...those are always the ones to blame. You cannot touch football Jesus. Not in these hallowed threads.

Are we going to split hairs here?

There is not tackling, but there is contact. As I stated earlier, this is the way alot of team practice. No tackling. I don't agree with it, but alot of teams do it. They tackle in spring, they tackle in fall before the season.

And I'm sure Dodge listened but felt his way was better, his choice, thus him being the HEAD COACH and not Lacroix. It's his choice. I'm sure when Lacroix went to him, Dodge in turn shut the door in his face because he was unwilling to listen. I'm sure he listened just chose not to follow Lacroix advice.

I'd be interested to know which nt practice you observed...i went to practices in both spring and fall and saw two hand touch to the chest, no wrapping up and little disruption of the route. What school of thought says that proper tackling during the season comes from touch football in spring and fall? And the guy at the top of the food chain i was referring to is the DC not Todge.

I'd be interested to know which nt practice you observed...i went to practices in both spring and fall and saw two hand touch to the chest, no wrapping up and little disruption of the route. What school of thought says that proper tackling during the season comes from touch football in spring and fall? And the guy at the top of the food chain i was referring to is the DC not Todge.

As I stated earlier I don't agree with the no tackling.

The spring game-tackling occurred, thats a practice, the other 2-3 scrimmages-tackling occurred, there are certain days during the spring in which you can tackle. Whether they tackle when running through the plays or not, there is contact. The linemen still make contact. And they do have tackling drills. Drills not actual tackling, but a wrap up drills.

And the defensive coordinator is above a positions coach, so he can choose whether or not he takes the advice of a position coach, such is the food chain. Not my choice just the way it is.