Hartford @ North Texas

UNTFan23

I watched Howerton snag about 10 rebound and make a great foul on the other end. He really showed up for the game.

I can't help but wonder if Wooden sitting out helped Howerton step up. Howerton has always played timid, but he knew he took Wooden's role and play much, much better.

Another thing... it is getting down right hostile (in a good way) for other teams at the Super Pit. The student section was relentless on the Hartford team and coaches again. Hell, they even went after their female trainer that was handing out water. My favorite chant of the day was "U-CONN RE-JECTS!" Our band went after their 10 or so fans, and it got personaaaaaal. One of the Hartford fans was telling a band member to come on over and fight him. At one point the Pit Crew called over a cop on the floor and were pointing to different people on the Hartford bench. The cop seemed to be listening to them, and I actually thought he was going to take action, but I'm not sure what happened b/c the game drew my attention back. I'm sure the Hartford players were sent packing with a few choice things to say about the Snake Pit....err..... Super Pit.

Edited by chrisfisher

There were 2157 according to the box score. Not what I was hoping for, but it is better. Baby steps.

The students are holding up their end of the bargin with a good turn out once again (given that it is final's week). It is the season ticket holders that need to turn out in force.

We didn't go over 2K in attendance last season till January 11th. So really...we have made alot of progress, since we have yet to fall under that number this campaign.

I think we might see real progress during the holidays and once conference play starts. I'm hoping we can average 3k plus when Sun Belt teams come rolling in to town.

The Pit Crew needs to do some real research on the players so they can really get in to their heads.

Edited by UNTFan23

I spent an hour or so thismorning researching the Hartford team and it's players and coaches to see if I could find any dirt on any of them... Turns out the only thing I could find is that they have to play in that Godforsaken part of the country we call "up there in yankee country". Ill start my research process a little sooner before the game next time...

I almost forgot... our Sunbelt Conference Championship and NCAA Tourny banners were no were to be found for this game???? What gives??? They were huge and looked very expensive. I hope they didn't remove them for good.

Good win. It would've been a shame to lose to an insurance company. :D

Hey Duck......WOW the Movin Mavs (Nice 70's nickname) Board must be be real slow for u to have to always hop on hear.....Man I would Abslolutely LOVE to hook up with you guys again.....and since you seem so proud of your guys, how 'bout a neutral site***......if we are at full strength (which we werent against you last time), I would LOVE our chances........

***Obviously, any neutral site would only need to be a normal/runofthemill YMCA qualtity facility to be an upgrade over that @#$%! pitiful thing you Arlington Boys call a GYM........

GO MEAN GREEEN.......IM OUT........

Hey Duck......WOW the Movin Mavs (Nice 70's nickname) Board must be be real slow for u to have to always hop on hear.....Man I would Abslolutely LOVE to hook up with you guys again.....and since you seem so proud of your guys, how 'bout a neutral site***......if we are at full strength (which we werent against you last time), I would LOVE our chances........

***Obviously, any neutral site would only need to be a normal/runofthemill YMCA qualtity facility to be an upgrade over that @#$%! pitiful thing you Arlington Boys call a GYM........

GO MEAN GREEEN.......IM OUT........

Talkin smack to a team that has beat us 2 times in 2 years and your defending the losses by injuries ???

A neutral site.. are you kidding me , they are in ARLINGTON

Edited by NT03

Talkin smack to a team that has beat us 2 times in 2 years and your defending the losses by injuries ???

A neutral site.. are you kidding me , they are in ARLINGTON

Hey, that's ok. We all talk smack - that's what loyal fans do. As for banners, you definitely have us there. Only our women and our wheelchair athletes have any banners, except for the one NIT banner from when Jimmy Carter was young, boring and irrelevant. (Editorial: He's not young anymore, but otherwise hasn't changed much.) :D