18. Miami 1-0 209 18

19. Northern Iowa 4-0 180 19

20. Cal State Fullerton 3-0 139 NR

21. Sam Houston State 2-0 137 NR

22. UC Santa Barbara 3-1 115 23

23. New Orleans 2-0 112 NR

24. Siena 2-2 94 NR

25. Gardner-Webb 4-2 83 24

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Loyola MD 81, UNC Greensboro 80, Belmont 71, Ohio University 47, Illinois State 43, North Texas 40, Montana 34, Bucknell 33, Appalachian State 25, Colgate 25, Kent State 24, Cleveland State 23, Eastern Kentucky 23, James Madison 23, Wichita State 23, Pacific 21, Mercer 20, Tennessee Tech 17, Rhode Island 16, Weber State 16, Bowling Green 15, Cornell 15, Georgia Southern 13, Niagara 13, Morgan State 12, Albany 11, Santa Clara 11, South Alabama 10, Vermont 10, Wright State 10, Boston University 7, Portland State 6, Western Michigan 6, Texas-Arlington 5, UNC Asheville 4, Valparaiso 3, Alabama State 1, IUPUI 1.

VOTING PANEL: Mike Adras (Northern Arizona), Randy Bennett (St. Mary's), Will Brown (Albany), Dave Calloway (Monmouth), Kermit Davis (Middle Tennessee), James Fox (Davidson), Steve Hawkins (Western Michigan), Billy Kennedy (Murray State), Tod Kowalczyk (UW-Green Bay), Jim Larranaga (George Mason), Jim Les (Bradley), Mike Lonergan (Vermont), Bart Lundy (High Point), Bob Marlin (Sam Houston State), Gregg Marshall (Wichita State), Tom Moore (Quinnipiac), Jimmy Patsos (Loyola MD), Tom Pecora (Hofstra), Vann Pettaway (Alabama A&M), Charles Ramsey (Eastern Michigan), Craig Robinson (Brown), Sam Scuilli (Santa Clara), John Shulman (Chattanooga), Mark Slonaker (Mercer), Brad Stevens (Butler), Gary Stewart (UC Davis), Scott Sutton (Oral Roberts), Bob Thomason (Pacific), Rex Walters (Florida Atlantic), James Wilhelmi (Howard), Ralph Willard (Holy Cross).

NOTE: The Mid-Major Poll is made up of teams from the following conferences: America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Continent, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Sun Belt, West Coast.

Loyola (MD) head coach Jimmy Patsos is the chairman of the Top 25 voting panel for the 2007-08 season.

Western Kentucky? How many years can they cruise on their past accomplishments? Didn't we beat these guys twice last year? Did they even make the finals of the Sun Belt Tournament?

If you want some real SMU-like living in the past...take a few moments to explore the Hilltopper Haven fan board. They believe they are vastly superior than the Sun Belt...yet they haven't won a league title since 2003...and in one respect, they may be worse than SMU as I have attempted numerous times to get a WKU account if for no other reason than to discuss basketball but they are incredibly restrictive, they don't want to hear any outside opinions of their team...its like 17th century English Monarchial inbreeding over there.

If you want some real SMU-like living in the past...take a few moments to explore the Hilltopper Haven fan board. They believe they are vastly superior than the Sun Belt...yet they haven't won a league title since 2003...and in one respect, they may be worse than SMU as I have attempted numerous times to get a WKU account if for no other reason than to discuss basketball but they are incredibly restrictive, they don't want to hear any outside opinions of their team...its like 17th century English Monarchial inbreeding over there.

They are a good team, no doubt...however, their fans come across as some of the most pompous in the Belt. For a group that see themselves as the cornerstone of Belt basketball, I've always been surprised at how restrictive they are when it comes to interacting with other Belt fans on their website. Seems very "small time" to me. Just my opinion.

Edited by Green Lantern

Me too...thats saying the opinion of Texas Tech is significantly higher than that of Oklahoma St. I just don't see it

does Bob Knight even coach anymore? Everytime I am forced to watch Tech on TV he is douching it up with the broadcasters explaing how he coaches at a school nice enough to hire a football coach who is as much of a prick as he is. I think that is what they say, I turn down the sound whenever they show Herbstreit.

does Bob Knight even coach anymore? Everytime I am forced to watch Tech on TV he is douching it up with the broadcasters explaing how he coaches at a school nice enough to hire a football coach who is as much of a prick as he is. I think that is what they say, I turn down the sound whenever they show Herbstreit.

Did you know Herbstreit was a college quarterback?

They never mention it.

Any body else upset by being included in this group?

NOTE: The Mid-Major Poll is made up of teams from the following conferences: America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Continent, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Sun Belt, West Coast.

We're the only Division 1 Football conference included in there. Heck, it's just a priviledge to be allowed to have one team play in the Tournament every year.

We're the only Division 1 Football conference included in there. Heck, it's just a priviledge to be allowed to have one team play in the Tournament every year.

The MAC is also included in that group.

MAC...and I think thats kinda funny because of this list the MAC, MVC, WCC, SBC and the Horizon are all better, or at least comparable, basketball conferences to the WAC, Mountain West or C-USA