What The? Did It Really Happen Or Not?

FirefightnRick

What in hell is going on? When it was first posted here on GMG.com that ULM was leading bama with only 1:43 left I started watching ABC, CBS, ESPN and ESPN2 to watch the scores. I swear this happened. For the next hour nothing. None of the channels showed an update. As soon as the Kansas game was over channel 8 wfaa went into their news. As soon as the LSU game was over on CBS they ran their 10 minute post game show............NOTHING!!!!!

CBS's post game show discusses the SEC East, NOTHING!!! Then they discuss the Big 12...NOTHING. Then they discuss the Big 10 and show all of their highlights....NOTHING!!!! Finally and just before the three show hosts say good bye the bottom line ticker flashed the score and they CBS went straight to CSI or some evening show. I go back over to ESPN and all of those games are over with and the prview for the Cincinnati vs West Virginia game starts. I go to Fox and the Baylor vs Ok State starts up. Nothing. I mean I watched the score tickers at the bottom of the screens on all 5 channels and nothing but that last little flash on CBS.

What the hell?????? How can all five networks ignore such an upset??????????

Strange.

Rick

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=273210333

"This is the No. 1 win since I've been here in the last five years," Louisiana-Monroe coach Charlie Weatherbie said. "We come in trying to win. We don't play to keep it close. We felt we had a chance if we stayed close in the ballgame to win in the fourth quarter."

Gotta give it to Weatherbie learning what to and what not to say when he's interviewed.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I just don't understand? Was ULM knocking off a multi gazillion dollar program not a good enough upset for college football today or what? The ABC halftime report during the Tech vs OU game, they go over the entire day and saved the ULM game for very last in which they show about 12 seconds of highlights including the final ULM TD and then go back to the studio. Craig James made the first statement..."So how many of those ULM players got offered scholarships to Alabama?......ZERO!!!". Then the guy on the left said something like "It just wasn't a good day for the Crimson Tide", then Doug Flutie said..."I just don't think Alabama ever recovered from the loss to LSU, they have lost three straight now", to which James said "..but to a 24 point dog?". Then they cut to a commercial.

I mean it was like it was not expected, but oh well, it happened and gave ULM not a damn bit of credit for it?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I stayed up after the Tech vs OU game to watch ESPN's Sports Center: College Football Final. In the 50th minute they finally got to the ULM game. They showed 3 plays; two Bama interceptions and ULM's final touchdown. No interviews, no statistics, no Sunbelt Conference recognition, nothing. Nick Saban annually makes nearly half of the entire ULM athletic budget and this upset gets about 20 seconds on Sports Center?

Amazing!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Probably because Alabama isn't ranked. They also aren't in a conference title hunt. It wasn't even a rivalry game. If the Tide hadn't lost their last 2 it might've made more of a dent, but at this point in time conference and national title races are going to get more attention.