Will North Texas Ever See It's Own Big Upset Win.

UNT_playmaker

It seem like every unknown team has upset a big dog on their home turf the last few years, especially this year.

When will NT see it chance to be in the spotlight, I think that we might see this in a couple of year but who might be North Texas first victim?

I think the biggest upset win we have had of recent is Cincy, not so much Baylor as they dont even deserve to be in the Big 12.

I always thought North Texas could beat Texas A&M, but we never do schedule them, they look so inconsistent and in desperate need of an ass-whopping by the Mean Green.

Also if Franny Tranny goes to SMU, could there be anymore reasons to hate SMU even more....

Edited by UNT_playmaker

It seem like every unknown team has upset a big dog on their home turf the last few years, especially this year.

When will NT see it chance to be in the spotlight, I think that we might see this in a couple of year but who might be North Texas first victim?

I think the biggest upset win we have had of recent is Cincy, not so much Baylor as they dont even deserve to be in the Big 12.

I always thought North Texas could beat Texas A&M, but we never do schedule them, they look so inconsistent and in desperate need of an ass-whopping by the Mean Green.

Also if Franny Tranny goes to SMU, could there be anymore reasons to hate SMU even more....

Yet Cincy' does not and still does not have that traditional football name (and it was that way when we were in the same conference with them, too).

I think some of us older nestors would tell you that it is the gut feeling of many of us that our (Big Time Win) is on the way. We just need to continue to let things merely fall in place because the feeling of many is that there really is a plan in place to raise this program back up yet to new heights. UL-Monroe with their win over the Crimson Tide of Alabama today gave us all fresh new proof that it is not impossible.

PS: Some of us have been asking the same question of your thread title for a few decades now; you know, a win over a school that has actually won a few national championships and is usually a traditional Top 10 (or at least) Top 25 program each year. Seems La Tech beat Bama a couple of times the last 2 decades and other non-BCS schools seemed to get their Big Tater' win as well. Since the Tennessee win in the 1970's, ours just hasn't materialized like one might thought it would have.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Yet Cincy' does not and still does not have that traditional football name (and it was that way when we were in the same conference with them, too).

Um...when we beat Cincy in the New Orleans Bowl, they were in C-USA. It's rare for teams from the same conference to play in the same bowl game.

When the heck were we in the same conference with Cincy?!