Future Has Never Been Brighter....

ParksAndRecRick

What will make our games and future seasons even more exciting are the battles that we have not won this year. Our returning players will be stronger and more determined than ever. Our hard-working and dedicated coaches will continue to develop new and exciting battle plans. And, each of us, will have an opporutnity to enjoy the fruits of improvement and winning.

I have said many times before, being a Mean Green fan is not easy! It's easy to be a Longhorn or Sooner fan! It's easy to root for those who have mega-millions to plow into a program and if things aren't going smoothly, have the funds to implode and start over without any problem paying their way. Texas A&M is a good example here. I don't down these programs at all! It is just much, much easier to be a fan of those programs, coach in those programs, an Athletic Director in those progams.

Dissapointment and adversity take their toll. I don't deny anyone their rights to express their feelings and beliefs, but I do believe that we often bi-pass "faith" or give new opportunites/changes to little time. Personally, we need a good case of "we believe in the Mean Green". Never said it's easy. Frustration wears thin and causes all of us, even this Pot Belly Parks and Recreation Director to over-react. My staff will gladly share the stories.

I write this also because of the feeling that remains in my heart after our win against Oklahoma State in basketball Wednesday night in the Super Pit. Watching the students storm the floor. Watching Josh White being carried around the Super Pit floor. Watching Johnny Jones during the game---and his calming nature. Has the last year and a half been worth the wait---I say yes.

So, for those who say it is a waiste of time to come to the Western Kentucky game, I urge you to please re-consider. Everyone has some hurt. Everyone has some dissapointment. But, everyone is working to overcome this adversity....and we all will be better for it. And, I can point to countless examples of the excitement that lies ahead from watching our first games in this journey.

Yes, it is not always easy to be a Mean Green fan. But, it is so rewarding, when you overcome the obstacles that a growing program faces. We have had much excitement in the last six years. Rick Villareal and his Staff are working to make that excitement "on-going".... through new faiclities, winning programs, and exciting,dyanamic coaches and wonderful student-athletes.

I'm proud that our University covets diversity. I'm proud that we have to work harder than other programs. I'm proud that our fan base is ready for the Mean Green Nation to explode. And, I'm proud that the "little commuter school" is truely becoming a force that others are watching. Note, the fans in Oklahoma State on Wednesday!

Again, I would never challenge your right to share your feelings and beliefs. But, I do ask you to look forward. Together----Everyone Achieves More! I'm older than many of the gomeangreen.com nation. A year or two may make you older---but, if we stay togehter--- it will for sure as heck make all of us stronger! And, you will see, our day lies just around the corner..... Believe!

Forever Green,

Rick Herold

ParksAndRecRick

Director of Parks and Recreation

City of Grand Prairie

Engage. Inspire. Change a Life Today!

Edited by ParksAndRecRick

What will make our games and future seasons even more exciting are the battles that we have not won this year. Our returning players will be stronger and more determined than ever. Our hard-working and dedicated coaches will continue to develop new and exciting battle plans. And, each of us, will have an opporutnity to enjoy the fruits of improvment and winning.

I have said many times before, being a Mean Green fan is not easy! It's easy to be a Longhorn or Sooner fan! It's easy to root for those who have mega-millions to plow into a program and if things aren't going smoothly, have the funds to implode and start over without any problem paying their way. Texas A&M is a good example here. I don't down these programs at all! It is just much, much easier to be a fan of those programs, coach in those programs, an Athletic Director in those progams.

Dissapointment and adversity take their toll. I don't deny anyone their rights to express their feelings and beliefs, but I do believe that we often bi-pass "faith" or give new opportunites/changes to little time. Personally, we need a good case of "we believe in the Mean Green". Never said it's easy. Frustration wears thin and causes all of us, even this Pot Belly Parks and Recreation Director to over-react. My staff will gladly share the stories.

I write this also because of the feeling that remains in my heart after our win against Oklahoma State in basketball Wednesday night in the Super Pit. Watching the students storm the floor. Watching Josh White being carried around the Super Pit floor. Watching Johnny Jones during the game---and his calming nature. Has the last year and a half been worth the wait---I say yes.

So, for those who say it is a waiste of time to come to the Western Kentucky game, I urge you to please re-consider. Everyone has some hurt. Everyone has some dissapointment. But, everyone is working to overcome this adversity....and we all will be better for it. And, I can point to countless examples of the excitement that lies ahead from watching our first games in this journey.

Yes, it is not always easy to be a Mean Green fan. But, it is so rewarding, when you overcome the obstacles that a growing program faces. We have had much excitement in the last six years. Rick Villareal and his Staff are working to make that excitement "on-going".... through new faiclities, winning programs, and exciting,dyanamic coaches and wonderful student-athletes.

I'm proud that our University covets diversity. I'm proud that we have to work harder than other programs. I'm proud that our fan base is ready for the Mean Green Nation to explode. And, I'm proud that the "little commuter school" is truely becoming a force that others are watching. Note, the fans in Oklahoma State on Wednesday!

Again, I would never challenge your right to share your feelings and beliefs. But, I do ask you to look forward. Together----Everyone Achieves More! I'm older than many of the gomeangreen.com nation. A year or two may make you older---but, it will sure as heck will make all of us stronger!

Forever Green,

Rick Herold

ParksAndRecRick

City of Grand Prairie

I am proudly wearing my UNT Hoody to work today (partly b/c it is cold) but also to show off pride for UNT even though I live in Central Arkansas amongst rapid Pig Fans.

GO UNT!!!

I am proudly wearing my UNT Hoody to work today (partly b/c it is cold) but also to show off pride for UNT even though I live in Central Arkansas amongst rapid Pig Fans.

GO UNT!!!

Wear your UNT gear proudly, but note you are really living among the rapid fans of the up and coming UCA Bears, who tomorrow are playing for the Southland Conference Championship in only their second year of NCAA football.

Go Bears!

Go Mean Green!

Wear your UNT gear proudly, but note you are really living among the rapid fans of the up and coming UCA Bears, who tomorrow are playing for the Southland Conference Championship in only their second year of NCAA football.

Go Bears!

Go Mean Green!

Oh yeah I'll be cheering for the Bears as they head to Lake Charles. I think the future they will be a grand addition to the Sun Belt after making a successful transition to 1-AA from DII.

I have to cheer for UCA anyways since my wife works for the school.

Oh yeah I'll be cheering for the Bears as they head to Lake Charles. I think the future they will be a grand addition to the Sun Belt after making a successful transition to 1-AA from DII.

I have to cheer for UCA anyways since my wife works for the school.

I saw them play Texas State @ San Marcos in Conway on tv and the Bears are impressive. Had a nephew graduate from Hendrix in Conway in May so I had seen both schools and the town. UCA was an excellent addition to the SLC. They could be another Troy in the making.

What will make our games and future seasons even more exciting are the battles that we have not won this year. Our returning players will be stronger and more determined than ever. Our hard-working and dedicated coaches will continue to develop new and exciting battle plans. And, each of us, will have an opporutnity to enjoy the fruits of improvement and winning.

Again, I would never challenge your right to share your feelings and beliefs. But, I do ask you to look forward. Together----Everyone Achieves More! I'm older than many of the gomeangreen.com nation. A year or two may make you older---but, if we stay togehter--- it will for sure as heck make all of us stronger! And, you will see, our day lies just around the corner..... Believe!

Forever Green,

Rick Herold

ParksAndRecRick

City of Grand Prairie

:thumbsup:

Great words and post from the P&RR...

You are preaching to what used to be the Mogen David Choir (an old country song from the Gatlin Bros. of Odessa, Texas).

Funny how so many of us could feel this way in the midst of a one win season, now isn't it?:)