Frisco-little Elm Ark State Game Watching

GreenMachine

I spoke with Varsity late yesturday and they confirm that today's game is in fact, a PPV event and that it will NOT be shown on the normal ESPN Gameplan package. The only way you can watch it through ESPN is to buy the package, and then purchase the game for additional money on top of the price of Gameplan. Needless to say, they will not have the game on.

I think the person you spoke with doesn't really know how it works and probably didn't want to make any guarantees about having the game. I confirmed the following while ordering a one week subscription to GamePlan through my cable TV provider.

GamePlan is a multi-channel PPV package that you buy on a season, half-season, or per-week basis. There is no concept of paying for a single game. Once you subscribe to the package, you get access to all 6 GamePlan channels until your subscription runs out. Tonight, there is only 1 game on Gameplan, so only one of the channels will have programming. On weekends, multiple channels (up to 6) will have programming depending on the game schedules as listed at http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index.

I asked if there were ever cases where there was a per-game PPV charge on top of the Gameplan subscription, and the rep said no. Once you buy the subscription, you get all the games.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game is ON at Varsity Club! Confirmed 100% with manager. It is on DirecTV channel 625 and 626 and they receive that channel!

AWESOME! Thanks for checking. I am definitely going to be there, rooting for the Mean Green. If I get there early, I'll try to get a couple of tables pushed together so we can have Mean Green cheering section. Hope to see some of you guys this evening.

AWESOME! Thanks for checking. I am definitely going to be there, rooting for the Mean Green. If I get there early, I'll try to get a couple of tables pushed together so we can have Mean Green cheering section. Hope to see some of you guys this evening.

Thanks GM for checking the status of the situation over at Varsity Club.

I'll be there... sporting a #20 Jamario Thomas jersey, and NT ball cap.

Turns out, they lied...

Varsity's Club in Frisco does not get 625/626 on DirecTV.

3rd Base in Frisco also does not get these channels.

So after missing the 1st Qtr and 1/2 of the 2nd, I'm home listening on-line. :angry:

I don't think they lied, I think they were told by their provider that they would get it. I am not sure anyone has it - it will be interesting to hear if anyone else was able to watch it somewhere. I talked with one of the owners tonight and they were sick that they were told they would get it and it didn't work.

I don't think they lied, I think they were told by their provider that they would get it. I am not sure anyone has it - it will be interesting to hear if anyone else was able to watch it somewhere. I talked with one of the owners tonight and they were sick that they were told they would get it and it didn't work.

Ok, well they were misinformed. ;)

For those that were there, it was certainly nice to see you all. Maybe next time we try this it'll work out.

Oh, BTW... When I asked the folks at 3rd Base in Frisco if they could put the game on their TVs, they said sure, and proceeded to flip it to FSSW. Obviously this was the wrong channel, but it turns out this channel was showing a Sam Houston State @ Texas State football game was coming on at 7pm, and the manager proceeded to tell me that this was the channel I asked for and showed me the TV listing in the paper. I laughed and said, "Um, I asked for the NORTH Texas football game that was on @ 6pm... channels 625/626". I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking, as I was wearing a North Texas jersey and hat.

Just thought I'd share this experience, for your entertainment.

It is on SNY 625 and MASN 626 on DirecTV and I'm watching it no problem.

Yes, we had a discussion with a manager at Varsity's in Frisco, and she had informed us that they called DirecTV multiple times thorugh out the day to verify that they can get the channel, and even called while we were there. Basically, after waiting she came back and said that they can not get either channel unless they paid for the service (which she said they had already). Seemed sketchy to us there, but no worries they lost some sales tonight as there were at least 4 of us there, and more on the way when we started phoning others to let them know of the mishap.

3rd Base in Frisco, also hadn't paid for this service either, so they were a no go.

In both locations, when they tuned into these channels, they were greeted with a screen stating that they needed to call for channel activation (or something of that nature).

Yes, we had a discussion with a manager at Varsity's in Frisco, and she had informed us that they called DirecTV multiple times thorugh out the day to verify that they can get the channel, and even called while we were there. Basically, after waiting she came back and said that they can not get either channel unless they paid for the service (which she said they had already). Seemed sketchy to us there, but no worries they lost some sales tonight as there were at least 4 of us there, and more on the way when we started phoning others to let them know of the mishap.

3rd Base in Frisco, also hadn't paid for this service either, so they were a no go.

In both locations, when they tuned into these channels, they were greeted with a screen stating that they needed to call for channel activation (or something of that nature).

The whole thing is a mess and very confusing to me. Some people get it with no problems, and sports bars don't seem to be able to figure out how to get it.