Frisco-little Elm Ark State Game Watching

GreenMachine

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys...I apologize for leading people to Varsity Club. They could not end up getting the programming...you know the story. SORRY!

Not your fault.

I didn't realize I-35 was still shut down and everyone was using Colony Main as their alternate route. It took me an hour to get from N. Colony Blvd. up to Varsity. Then, I walk in and no friggin' game. Then, I come home and listen to it on the radio and, well, you know what happened. What a wasted evening.

Yeah...that's a tough deal KJ! I was near the wreck on 35 when it happened...bad deal...very sad! Couple that with Varsity Club not showing the game. And to get home and we have a 21 to 7 lead and lose...mmm tough night!

:blowup:

So is that "blowup" icon-thingy for the tanker explosion on I35, the fact VArsity Club wasn't showing the game, or because we blew a lead in a winable game? Decisions, decisions...

[editted for typos...]

Edited by jperg2

I don't think they lied, I think they were told by their provider that they would get it. I am not sure anyone has it - it will be interesting to hear if anyone else was able to watch it somewhere. I talked with one of the owners tonight and they were sick that they were told they would get it and it didn't work.

After the Directv channels were put up on the board, I called a new Buffalo Wild Wings and asked the manager if they can get it on Directv. He said that they weren't getting any indication that they were, but they did have Directtv. For people in the Parker County and west north/west Tarrant county area, there is a new Buffalo Wild Wings in Lake Worth.

Yes, we had a discussion with a manager at Varsity's in Frisco, and she had informed us that they called DirecTV multiple times thorugh out the day to verify that they can get the channel, and even called while we were there. Basically, after waiting she came back and said that they can not get either channel unless they paid for the service (which she said they had already). Seemed sketchy to us there, but no worries they lost some sales tonight as there were at least 4 of us there, and more on the way when we started phoning others to let them know of the mishap.

3rd Base in Frisco, also hadn't paid for this service either, so they were a no go.

In both locations, when they tuned into these channels, they were greeted with a screen stating that they needed to call for channel activation (or something of that nature).

We had the same experience at BWW down here in Sugar Land. They did try, but said "apparently it's not part of our package". I could see on the screen "You have not purchased this event". So apparently it was only available by PPV, even for bars. How many customers does a bar need before they'll pay the PPV fee?