Frisco-little Elm Ark State Game Watching

GreenMachine

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody around Frisco/Little Elm going to watch the game any place in particular? Varsity's on Main St in Frisco is pretty nice for watching games.

That place is a perfect place to watch the game. I will call one of the owners and see if they will stick it up on one of the large TV's. They have great wings too.

So do we want to plan on meeting there? What time does the game start? What channel is it on?

I'm not sure what time the game starts, I'll find out later and post or I'm sure someone will. I plan on going there, will have my mean green gear on as usual and drinking a few cold ones. Hope to see a few fellow fans there to root on NT with me.

According to this post: regarding the Houston area game watching party the game will be on ESPN+/GamePlan. I thought ESPN+ was channel 52 locally in the DFW area. But I can not find the game listed.

I also found it listed as ESPN plus and GamePlan (PPV). Is it not available on a DFW channel? Do we know for sure this place can get the game?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules

Edited by NT80

I also found it listed as ESPN plus and GamePlan (PPV). Is it not available on a DFW channel? Do we know for sure this place can get the game?

I do know that they bought the entire ESPN GamePlan package.....would this be a part of that, or would it be extra? I have never bought it myself, so I have no idea....I can call them tomorrow and ask if you think I should.

I do know that they bought the entire ESPN GamePlan package.....would this be a part of that, or would it be extra? I have never bought it myself, so I have no idea....I can call them tomorrow and ask if you think I should.

You might want to consider that, considering this was posted in the following thread:

Thursday's game at Arkansas State was moved from a Saturday to accommodate deer season for many ASU fans. The game was originally scheduled to be carried by ESPN Regional and aired locally on KTXA/Channel 21, but now will only be carried on ESPN Gameplan on a pay-per-view basis.

You might want to consider that, considering this was posted in the following thread:

What they are telling me is: If it is on as a part of ESPN College Football Gameplan, then they will get it. If you have to actually purchase it to see it, then they probably won't do it since it costs somewhere around $200.

Never been... sounds cool, may have to check it out.

I've only seen NT games on at Jerseyville in Williow Bend and at 3rd Base in Frisco...

Jerseyville's a cool place. It has a room for pro athletes and such to sit in. I went to lunch there yesterday and Donnie Nelson and Dirk Nowitski's coach from Germany were in there watching TV.

Note: The backyard burger is the thing to order...but only if you like a hot burger with bacon and slathered with steak sauce. Ask for an extra napkin.

Ok, thanks for checking.

For those of you interested in going to Varsity Club tomorrow night, they are going to contact their provider and see if it actually on GamePlan as it says it is on ESPN.com, or if you have to buy it. I should know something by late this evening.

For those of you interested in going to Varsity Club tomorrow night, they are going to contact their provider and see if it actually on GamePlan as it says it is on ESPN.com, or if you have to buy it. I should know something by late this evening.

According to this...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index

ESPN Gameplan is purchased on a season or per-week basis. In other words, you don't pay for individual games. So if Varsity Club already has a season pass for ESPN Gameplan, then they should have the game. I'm seriously considering buying a 1 week subscription for $21.95 so I can watch the game tonight. Either that or head over to the Varsity Club.

According to this...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index

ESPN Gameplan is purchased on a season or per-week basis. In other words, you don't pay for individual games. So if Varsity Club already has a season pass for ESPN Gameplan, then they should have the game. I'm seriously considering buying a 1 week subscription for $21.95 so I can watch the game tonight. Either that or head over to the Varsity Club.

I spoke with Varsity late yesturday and they confirm that today's game is in fact, a PPV event and that it will NOT be shown on the normal ESPN Gameplan package. The only way you can watch it through ESPN is to buy the package, and then purchase the game for additional money on top of the price of Gameplan. Needless to say, they will not have the game on.

I spoke with Varsity late yesturday and they confirm that today's game is in fact, a PPV event and that it will NOT be shown on the normal ESPN Gameplan package. The only way you can watch it through ESPN is to buy the package, and then purchase the game for additional money on top of the price of Gameplan. Needless to say, they will not have the game on.

Damn! Is there any place else that might have the game available for viewing?

Someone mentioned Jerseyville @ Willow Bend Mall OR 3rd Base in Frisco... thoughts?

Jerseyville Classic --> LINK

3rd Base Sports Bar and Grill --> LINK

This just ruined my day, I was so looking forward to watching the game.

Edited by jperg2