This Is Disgusting!

SouthBendGreen

I haven't seen our corners at all trying to defend the option! Damn, they had two weeks to work on assignment football, where are they? I understand Navy will still have success, but why haven't I seen our corners at all this game defending the option? CRAP!!!!!

I am in Seattle this weekend and having to follow on the internet. What a sad day it will be to have 7 passing TD's in the first half and still lose the game by a wide margin.

It sounds like only Navy can stop Navy. If this keeps up, you can expect a ton of negative national publicity regarding our defense.

How's this for a strategy--kick the onside kick every time. Since the D gives up a TD every Navy possession, let them have the short field, and they don't get the ball every 1 out of 3.

Honestly, that might not be a bad idea.

I just looked at the stats. Is it true that Navy has yet to even punt ???

This is a night I would to be at the post-game press conference. I would like an answer. I know Navy's rush offense is the best in the country. I have no problem with them having success, however with two weeks to prepare why didn't our defense play better assignment football. Again our DBs were nowhere to be found to support the front seven. It was a shame. That's either horrible execution or just bad coaching. Probably a lot of both.

trying to be positive, but I have a serious question. Where are the DBs on option coverage?!?!?! I know they aren't the only ones to blame, but it's been all bad.

As bad as that was on the radio, it was 10 times worse in person. I just wanted to walk down to Mendoza and say "just put all of the guys in the box - all 11 of them". JUST SHOW ME SOME KIND OF ADJUSTMENT. I don't really care if they beat you through the air - DO SOMETHING.

that was a disasterous TRAIN WRECK.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

This is the 4th double digit lead we've blown this season, which tells me that: a. We have personnel that can compete favorably against most of the teams on our schedule, and b. the opponents coaching staff are able to make adjustments to their game plan that totally throws us off, and that we can't come up with an answer to. Our point differential in the second half is ridiculous.

Blame Mendoza, blame TD, hell I don't know who to blame. But I'm not buying into the "our athletes aren't good enough" nonsense. This is a coaching issue, and TD is going to have to think long and hard about who is making decisions and how they are being made before next season.

Since when did running off 1'st year coaches, ie, coordinators before the 1'st season has even ended become so trendy?

Lest we forget, Mendoza also inherited a Buick, too. (5 wins in 2005 and 2006 from most his "D" with some discipline problems happening longer than most of us were ever probably aware)?

Just maybe as we escalate our recruiting to get us out of our past (almost annual) Bottom 25 co-existance, then we start getting the kind of players (across the board) that will also make our coaches look good, too?

ONCE AGAIN............DD Ball went over .500 in W/L's in his "5'th" year and with that in mind can we cut our present staff just a little slack?

George Dunham said it best post-game show on the M.G.R.N. when he said "the future in Mean Green Country really looks bright" but Dunham had to project with what he feels good in what he is seeing and beyond his own nose to say such. I concur wholeheartedly with George Dunham and I'd bet many of you do, too.

Hey, we all wanted to win today, but lets allow this staff some time to tear down what needs to be torn down so they can build it right; that is, so they can build us something with a solid foundation that we haven't really seen for a long, long time in Denton, Texas, America, OK? :thumbsup::)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I agree with Plumm Green. After the recruiting class that contained Buckles and Kennedy, we have not had many heralded defensive players. All the players that are playing are former Dd recruits. Give them time to get more recruits in. I'm afraid they will have to take their lumps next year, as this is a senior layden bunch. The future will be bright though, with time. GO MEAN GREEN.

I agree with Plumm Green. After the recruiting class that contained Buckles and Kennedy, we have not had many heralded defensive players. All the players that are playing are former Dd recruits. Give them time to get more recruits in. I'm afraid they will have to take their lumps next year, as this is a senior layden bunch. The future will be bright though, with time. GO MEAN GREEN.

You know, if this defense hadn't been ranked 64th last year and had so many returning starters this season, I might agree. If I saw them making adjustments during games, then I will feel much better, but at this point, there is not one of us that shouldn't be ticked right now that we gave up 74 points, at home, to a RUNNING team.