Is It To Early To Start A Tailgating Check List?

THE CLAW

I've been wanting to set up a tv at my tailgate, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. Can anyone recommend a quiet generator? Also, do you bring along a satellite receiver and a dish? Or can you get a decent picture off an antenna from Wal-mart or RadioShack?

If you can find a decent antenna from Wal-mark or RadioShack that you really think is worth the money you paid for it, let me know.....I never have.

That's what I was thinking too. Do you know of any over the air antenna that picks up signal clearly in Denton? If not, I'll just buy a dish and a tripod.

A single LNB Direct TV Dish/tripod configuration with receiver is choice by far.

I've been wanting to set up a tv at my tailgate, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. Can anyone recommend a quiet generator? Also, do you bring along a satellite receiver and a dish? Or can you get a decent picture off an antenna from Wal-mart or RadioShack?

I looked into a quiet generator. Be prepared to spend a grand, at least. I picked up a generator at Home depot for $400. It's big and heavy and loud, but I just park it in front of my truck to muffle the sound. I have a satellite dish, but could not get it to work at SMU because of the trees, so I have a backup set of rabbit ears to pick up local channels.

I've always just brought a DirecTV receiver from the house and hooked it up to a dish on a tripod. Works great!

As for power you could get an inverter and use you battery but I never did it because I wanted to be able to start my truck when I went home. I purchased a 1250v generator from ebay. I got it from the distributer brand new and it only cost me $100. It's compact and only weighs about 50 lbs, I've run it all day on a single tank of gas, and it has enough power for the TV, receiver, an electric cooler, and a fan (a must for those August & Sept games). Only drawback is the noise, but I placed it in front of my truck and ran an extension cord to a power strip. That muffles the sound pretty well and with all the ambiant noise from other tailgaters and my own TV, I never heard it

Hope that helps

I've always just brought a DirecTV receiver from the house and hooked it up to a dish on a tripod. Works great!

As for power you could get an inverter and use you battery but I never did it because I wanted to be able to start my truck when I went home. I purchased a 1250v generator from ebay. I got it from the distributer brand new and it only cost me $100. It's compact and only weighs about 50 lbs, I've run it all day on a single tank of gas, and it has enough power for the TV, receiver, an electric cooler, and a fan (a must for those August & Sept games). Only drawback is the noise, but I placed it in front of my truck and ran an extension cord to a power strip. That muffles the sound pretty well and with all the ambiant noise from other tailgaters and my own TV, I never heard it

Hope that helps

Great info, thanks.